SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

Just now, Imthayeti said:

In my opinion what he did was try to commit murder on a grand scale. You should watch it if you dont know what they did with Coronavirus patients and Nursing homes. Not sure they could have made a worse decision.

Oh I've already seen it, both those cats in New York are BAD jokes. New york seems to be the Heart of Corruption.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Is this a video from OAN??? 

Yeti, we're going to have to ask you to take a pay cut for supporting such a vile organization.  Mike Gundy had to so you should too.

The real Narrative is they put older folks in harm's way who already have a hard time taking care of themselves. Cuomo and the others willingly did this knowing the threat this virus posed to older folks. Let's face it if you are in a retirement home chances are you are already having a hard time taking care of yourself.

Mind you all I said about the video was "interesting" I didn't push their narrative. Although I wont discredit it either.

Edited by Imthayeti
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Whew! Just caught up from like page 79. Tons of good banter, questions and points. Wanted to quote so much stuff and comment, but then having to go back to where I was would be a pain. I will just try to remember some of the content and go from there;

On the virus--yes it is a vicious virus and for those that have lost loved ones, my condolences to you and your families. Do I feel it is as bad as it is made out to be??? Only time will tell, but I will say that I do not in any way, shape, or form believe the numbers being reported not only here in the US but around the world. There is way too much conflicting information circulating around right now.(positive cases of people that were never tested, states forgetting to move a decimal point, etc.)

On Trump--Yes he makes mistakes and his mouth and thumbs get out of control now and again. Like I have read before, he is from NY and New Yorkers are a brash group of individuals. He wanted to shut things down sooner(travel from hot spots and such), but was blasted for being xenophobic. Then you have Pelosi being who she is and saying come on down to Chinatown everything is great. Trump can't make a decision one way or another without being ridiculed which ever way it is. Politicians don't like him because he isn't a politician, democrat voters don't like him because they are told not to, Same can be said for republican voters. I agree that he isn't a great choice, and in the last republican primary, I didn't vote for him, but when it came to the presidential election, I sure did push that button.

On Fauci--I feel he is in it for the money of the vaccine. Let's not forget, that in 2015 or 16, while at a speaking engagement, he said, late 2019 or early 2020 there would be something to hit the world. I also agree that he along with the CDC and the WHO have flip flopped on so much information, it is difficult for us to know what to believe. 

On Democrat party--How can the democrat party even be OK with Joe? I feel it is some sort of sham to make whoever he picks to be VP the nominee, or for worse matters president if he should win. Why are democrats already coming out saying that they have to have a plan in place if Trump won't leave the white house? Isn't a candidate supposed to be medically cleared before accepting the nomination? On top of that, isn't this the party that is sick of "old white men" running things? Their top two are Joe and Bernie....really?

On future Republican candidates--There are some that stick out for me. Candace Owens is a firecracker that used to be a democrat, but switched sides once she figured it all out. Dan Crenshaw, speaks his mind and a former navy SEAL officer. Jim Jordan is another. The American people are sick and tired of the same old crap, which is why Trump was elected in the first place.

On football--I sure hope we get to have a season. Don't really care about professional sports anymore, and sadly college is getting close, but high school...let's get those Friday nights rolling.

Edited by Jobres76
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Whew! Just caught up from like page 79. Tons of good banter, questions and points. Wanted to quote so much stuff and comment, but then having to go back to where I was would be a pain. I will just try to remember some of the content and go from there;

On the virus--yes it is a vicious virus and for those that have lost loved ones, my condolences to you and your families. Do I feel it is as bad as it is made out to be??? Only time will tell, but I will say that I do not in any way, shape, or form believe the numbers being reported not only here in the US but around the world. There is way too much conflicting information circulating around right now.(positive cases of people that were never tested, states forgetting to move a decimal point, etc.)

On Trump--Yes he makes mistakes and his mouth and thumbs get out of control now and again. Like I have read before, he is from NY and New Yorkers are a brash group of individuals. He wanted to shut things down sooner(travel from hot spots and such), but was blasted for being xenophobic. Then you have Pelosi being who she is and saying come on down to Chinatown everything is great. Trump can't make a decision one way or another without being ridiculed which ever way it is. Politicians don't like him because he isn't a politician, democrat voters don't like him because they are told not to, Same can be said for republican voters. I agree that he isn't a great choice, and in the last republican primary, I didn't vote for him, but when it came to the presidential election, I sure did push that button.

On Fauci--I feel he is in it for the money of the vaccine. Let's not forget, that in 2015 or 16, while at a speaking engagement, he said, late 2019 or early 2020 there would be something to hit the world. I also agree that he along with the CDC and the WHO have flip flopped on so much information, it is difficult for us to know what to believe. 

On Democrat party--How can the democrat party even be OK with Joe? I feel it is some sort of sham to make whoever he picks to be VP the nominee, or for worse matters president if he should win. Why are democrats already coming out saying that they have to have a plan in place if Trump won't leave the white house? Isn't a candidate supposed to be medically cleared before accepting the nomination? On top of that, isn't this the party that is sick of "old white men" running things? Their top two are Joe and Bernie....really?

On future Republican candidates--There are some that stick out for me. Candace Owens is a firecracker that used to be a democrat, but switched sides once she figured it all out. Dan Crenshaw, speaks his mind and a former navy SEAL officer. Jim Jordan is another. The American people are sick and tired of the same old crap, which is why Trump was elected in the first place.

On football--I sure hope we get to have a season. Don't really care about professional sports anymore, and sadly college is getting close, but high school...let's get those Friday nights rolling.

Good post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

The real Narrative is they put older folks in harm's way who already have a hard time taking care of themselves. Cuomo and the others willingly did this knowing the threat this virus posed to older folks. Let's face it if you are in a retirement home chances are you are already having a hard time taking care of yourself.

Mind you all I said about the video was "interesting" I didn't push their narrative. Although I wont discredit it either.

Oh I know. I was just kidding a bit due to the whole Mike Gundy/OAN thing. Isn't it a shame that someone can't wear a shirt with nothing vulgar, racist, or obscene on it and have to take a 1 million dollar pay cut for it? Where's his first amendment rights?

It was an interesting video though. Has Cuomo ever come out and said that it was a bad decision? I know for a while he was standing his ground on that decision.

20 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Oh I know. I was just kidding a bit due to the whole Mike Gundy/OAN thing. Isn't it a shame that someone can't wear a shirt with nothing vulgar, racist, or obscene on it and have to take a 1 million dollar pay cut for it? Where's his first amendment rights?

It was an interesting video though. Has Cuomo ever come out and said that it was a bad decision? I know for a while he was standing his ground on that decision.

To my knowledge no. Neither party takes accountability for anything though to be fair. That decision though was a mind boggling one to me considering what was at stake. 

The whole Gundy thing is silly. I'd have to say he should have known there would be a backlash nowadays for something like that. However it shouldn't be a punishable offense in any shape form or fashion unless there was a dress code in place. The important part of this whole thing is people nowadays can be punished somehow if they dont share a belief of someone in power. In this case his place of Employment. 

If he broke a dress code that's one thing. However not sure a million dollar pay cut would be the correct punishment. In the same sense NFL players and their kneeling caused a noticeable drop in viewership to the owners of the NFL and their respective teams by comparison. They withstood no pay cuts nor punishment so how is that fair? Now the anthem and kneeling happens before the game and isn't televised because they know it hurt ratings. Albeit now with this BLM movement who knows what's going to happen. 

(CNN) The NFL plans to have the song "Lift Every Voice and Sing" -- known as the Black national anthem -- performed live or played before every game in Week 1 of the NFL season.

And here we are.