Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

27 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

TSSAA direction is to follow local guidelines. Davidson County, Shelby County are still locked and can't practice. The vote on waiving dead period died with a tied vote - clearly there are some varying opinions within TSSAA. 

Local guidelines would seem to indicate you do whatever the school districts instruct you to do. If the TSSAA was the sole proprietor of the final say, that would make them wholly responsible for any fallout of a school starting practice on time or late etc and then responsible if some kind of flare up of the virus if it was to occur. I would honestly have to guess that parents will or should sign waivers saying they wont sue if some kind of outbreak occurs. Otherwise they could probably sue whoever raised guidelines. That's just me guessing and thinking out loud here on how to try and protect myself as a school. Just food for thought. 

Just remember were talking about a society that will sue if you dont make them a cake even if it goes against your beliefs.

Edited by Imthayeti

21 minutes ago, LethalAttack said:

Starting to become the new normal. Everyone just calm down! giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f776f9c9f02d10a3d3

Coronavirus will be the new normal until they get a vaccine that works. Then it will most likely be like the flu. Thats just my opinion. My kid would definitely be playing  now if they were still in school and wanted to play. It's just so many people want to sue nowadays for anything they can sue for. It's just better to cover your rear end is all. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

ROY, jest where in the cat is you at? Leastways, Old Pirate heard Roy’s Goat musta learned a HEEP when in locked up in strange places! YepReconSo

I've wondered where Roy is too. I'll entice him out for you OP. I think this years collection of skill players with multiple backs, receivers, and a good qb playing together as a whole could be the best unit in SP history. That should do it.

On 6/11/2020 at 7:40 AM, powerp said:

I've wondered where Roy is too. I'll entice him out for you OP. I think this years collection of skill players with multiple backs, receivers, and a good qb playing together as a whole could be the best unit in SP history. That should do it.

That’s a bold statement. We’ve had some good teams throughout history. 

On 6/11/2020 at 6:40 AM, powerp said:

PP, ROY is sure to be after you for giving The Captain’s secrets away. Figure all knowds “ITS COMING”, but the best ever is a might strong. Them Jailhouse fellers is hiding plum skeerd. 

9 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

That’s a bold statement. We’ve had some good teams throughout history. 

Notice what I said. I was trying to get Roy to come out of hiding. Seriously though, I think this team will be a lot better than last year. We've always had some good backs. We've had some decent qbs through the years. The difference this year is having three stud receivers to go along with it. Matchup nightmare. 

4 minutes ago, powerp said:

Notice what I said. I was trying to get Roy to come out of hiding. Seriously though, I think this team will be a lot better than last year. We've always had some good backs. We've had some decent qbs through the years. The difference this year is having three stud receivers to go along with it. Matchup nightmare. 

PP, Old Pirate is jest curious. Who does you rate as 3 stud receivers? You got OP scratching the skillet head. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I just got word from a source of mine.   Our 2020 Pirate squad is exactly the same as I love my baked potato:  LOADED.

Keep working Pirates!  As OP says, 'It's Coming'.

I keep hearing “It’s coming” since last year and it came and went away in the Semi’s.  I hope you are right this year

• Like 1