How does our State Champions stack up?

2 hours ago, Salem said:

Best players on the Marion Co teams were white. I would take Kirkendoll and Zeman on any high school team I was a part of. Lots of factors go into a successful high school football program. The number of minority kids is way down the list. 

those r only 2 examples (albeit good ones). i can name 200 others the other way 

52 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Hog wash....

Example : Antioch High School in 6 A (exclusively black athletes ) would get beat by nearly any 1A / 2A team that is decent ( including Forrest)

Example: Whites Creek ( I believe is 4 A) got ran off the field by an average Westmoreland team who is predominantly white.

Example: Tyner ( great football team) but with your theory they should win the State Championship every year but it doesn’t happen.

3 ok examples. i can name 25 the other way. and tyner has the sloppiest most undisciplined guys. not just my opinion. they make top 8 on talent alone.  

6 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

its not a big deal. its a huge reason Forrest kills it in our reagion then struggles with the Marions and TCs and would struggle with Peabody.

99% of all 2A Teams will struggle with the top teams each season. Forrest would likely mercy rule Marion this year. Did they get whiter?

6 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Also Watertown got more minority kids in 2019 and ran us off the field. 

Watertown’s best player and the region MVP was white. He beat out the TC kids. 

7 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

we are a slow methodical run team. not a good come form behind formula.

No, we’ve had way better than average team speed the last 10 seasons. We have a predictable, slow methodical run team because that’s the offense our coaches implemented 7-8 seasons ago. We will run the trap or buck sweep until it’s 3rd and long and then we’ll run the bootleg. Our kids could probably qualify for state in the relays if we had a track team. #9 and #3 can run with any one in 2A. How many times this season did we run a play designed to get them the ball in open field? In 2018 we had one of the best throwing QBs in 2A- he handed the ball off on the trap and buck sweep until it was 3rd and long and then he ran for his life on a bootleg.  How many times did Jones, Turner, Z Mac, Daughrity get caught from behind in their careers? Our  younger skill players can fly but if they run the same system the next 2-3 years then we will certainly look like a slow methodical  4-6 team again. Point of all that is it’s the scheme we’re running not the coLor of the kid running it.

Say if you’re an elite WR or QB of any color moving to Marshall County are you going to want to run the Wing T at Chapel Hill or are you going down the road to MC and run the spread? How many teams playing in Cookeville ran spread vs Wing T? 

in 1-2 years East Robertson will run us off the field also.

East Robertson has one of the best WR prospects in the state. If he plays next year he might score 5 TDS. If he goes to Ensworth or BA we will win handily. We more than contained him this year though.

with our growth, we will get some minority kids, and with our systems, we will become very competitive. 

Very competitive? We just finished 12-1. We’ve won 10 plus games 3 out of the last 5 years. The other two years it wasn’t a talent deficit. I can’t remember 10 games over the last 5 years where we weren’t the most talented, most athletic team on the field. 

14 hours ago, Salem said:

No, we’ve had way better than average team speed the last 10 seasons. We have a predictable, slow methodical run team because that’s the offense our coaches implemented 7-8 seasons ago.

When Marion came to town two straight years we were running the same offense. They wiped the floor and field with us. Both years. Why. Don't say "zemen and kirkendoll"

We will run the trap or buck sweep until it’s 3rd and long and then we’ll run the bootleg. Our kids could probably qualify for state in the relays if we had a track team.

We didn't look like track team against Summertown, Lewis or Riverside. We looked like the 2nd fastest team on the field.  

#9 and #3 can run with any one in 2A.

3 was fast for sure. IDK about #9's speed. Great player tho. 

How many times this season did we run a play designed to get them the ball in open field?

I wrote 16 months ago that 5-6 kids should touch the ball and thats it. 2018 was coaching malpractice. 

In 2018 we had one of the best throwing QBs in 2A- he handed the ball off on the trap and buck sweep until it was 3rd and long and then he ran for his life on a bootleg.  

He regressed, in production not talent from 2017 to 2018, and that is a complete mystery. 

How many times did Jones, Turner, Z Mac, Daughrity get caught from behind in their careers? 

4 fastest kids in the last 20 years. Doesn't disprove my assertions.   

Our  younger skill players can fly but if they run the same system the next 2-3 years then we will certainly look like a slow methodical  4-6 team again. Point of all that is it’s the scheme we’re running not the coLor of the kid running it.

Then a giant W.T. (6th letter in alphabet). is needed. Union City and Marion run our scheme and have gold balls. Better use of talent is needed but it;s not the scheme. 

Say if you’re an elite WR or QB of any color moving to Marshall County are you going to want to run the Wing T at Chapel Hill or are you going down the road to MC and run the spread?

My info is that kids want to come to Forrest but it was blocked by Abernathy. 

How many teams playing in Cookeville ran spread vs Wing T? 

That's not true every year and doesn't disprove my assertions. 

I responded inside the quote box