How does our State Champions stack up?

1 minute ago, rlh said:

I was talking perennial powers vs perennial powers as well.  Elite has a different meaning and wouldn't call Fyffe elite, lol.  Alabama has over 800 schools.  Given the population of the state,  Maryville isn't a 7A school though. Regardless, I doubt they would get beat every year.

If you don't think Fyffe is elite you got some problems fella

Just now, Swipes said:

Well since none of these teams will play I'll give you what calprep has the score's project at.

Lake Co 31- Lanett 26

Fyfe 27- Peabody 24

Alcoa 38 - Piedmont 13

Betsy 20 - UMS Wright 17

Knox Central 21 - Clay Central 20

Maryville 28 - Oxford 24

Thompson 31 - Marville 28 . or Thompson 35 - McCallie 28

Looks like Tn teams would be Favorites in 5 out of 7 classes :popcorneater:

Sounds like you must have gotten those numbers from the liberal media

• Like 1

Just now, rlh said:

I was talking perennial powers vs perennial powers as well.  Elite has a different meaning and wouldn't call Fyffe elite, lol.  Alabama has over 800 schools.  Given the population of the state,  Maryville isn't a 7A school though. Regardless, I doubt they would get beat every year.

Fyffe has lost 7 games in the last decade. 4 state titles and played for a 5th. Go watch them play on the NHFS website. Id hate to play that bunch.

Maryville would win 4 games a year in the Birmingham region of 7A. Its a different world down there. 

I love my TN ball just like you, but there is so much more of a separation than we want to admit

4 minutes ago, rlh said:

Alabama has around 390 football playing schools in the AHSAA

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Well since none of these teams will play I'll give you what calprep has the score's project at.

Lake Co 31- Lanett 26

Fyfe 27- Peabody 24

Alcoa 38 - Piedmont 13

Betsy 20 - UMS Wright 17

Knox Central 21 - Clay Central 20

Maryville 28 - Oxford 24

Thompson 31 - Marville 28 . or Thompson 35 - McCallie 28

Looks like Tn teams would be Favorites in 5 out of 7 classes :popcorneater:

Too bad we cant actually see this on the field. guess your PS2 projections will have to do

• Like 1

If you took the TN state champs vs Georgia state champs I'm sure it would be similar. Alcoa would probably win their matchup but that is about it. Like my friend from the creekbank said, I am a supporter of TN High School football and I always will be, but the quality of competition isn't on par to some surrounding states. 

14 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

If you took the TN state champs vs Georgia state champs I'm sure it would be similar. Alcoa would probably win their matchup but that is about it. Like my friend from the creekbank said, I am a supporter of TN High School football and I always will be, but the quality of competition isn't on par to some surrounding states. 

Ga's population makes it a big change at the upper classes and they have had a playoff system much longer than TN.  TN has only had a playoff system for 50 years and AL 53.   Ga, about 70 or 80.  I have seen south Ga teams like Valdosta, Lowndes Co and Colquit County play every year as well as some Florida teams.  There were 3 Florida state championship games played 8 miles from my house this year in a HS stadium. 

Edit:  BTW, a perennial power in DII football uses Valdosta High's football stadium for their home games.  Without a doubt Valdosta High has the best HS stadium in the country private or public. 

Edited by rlh

16 minutes ago, BruceColetrain said:

Courtland had roughly 90 kids 9-12 in 99.

Hazelwood was 2A. That tells me heir enrollment was not more than 200 in 99.

Community has stayed about the same over the last 20 years.

In the 80s and early 90s, they were bigger than that. Schools out of Florence and Muscle Shoals area didn't want to play them.

Edited by rlh

39 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

Where I went to school in GA Mceachern would more than like put 50 on any classification in TN. Not that I like that cause I love TN ball but its just the way it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruceColetrain said:

Too bad we cant actually see this on the field. guess your PS2 projections will have to do

And exactly why I said we wont see this since none of the teams play :rolleyes:.  It's not PS2 it's from a website that has been around for over 20 years and uses Algorithm like they would in the BCS Bowl games before the selection committee.  You can compare teams from every state and takes in account of who teams of lost to or how much a team beats another team.

ex.  St John Bosco the #1 team in the nation is projected to beat Maryville 46 to 8.  Also has St. John Bosco a 30 point Favorite vs Thompson the top team out of AL 50-20