Gibson County at TCA

Intense

30 minutes ago, Intense said:

I assure you TCA is not overlooking GC.  TCA could easily lose this game if they do not pay attention to details.  GC is so good at details which is a result of great coaching.  I think TCA wins this game by 10.  Will be a fun game to watch. 

If all goes as planned I think you are right  and really the game is not a district game so it’s not a must win for either team but it’s a big game for both teams. I like GC in a 56-55 game. 

I have no doubt that GC will try and pressure TCA with a press and challenge every pass in the front court. The key will be how well TCA handles that pressure and how they adjust to it. No doubt the guard tandom for GC will bring it today. GC is well coached and the girls are fundamentally sound. 

On the flip side, this TCA bunch is special. The Lions should have the decided advantage down in the low blocks on both ends of the court in my opinion. The last several games, the TCA defense has been smothering. Ask a very good Crockett County team  about it. Even when the offense sputtered a bit, the defense created points.

I expect a great crowd and atmosphere tonight in the T Dome. Not only will you see some great hoops action, but you can partake of the best concession stand in West Tennessee. There will be plenty of the famous BBQ nachos to go along with thick burgers and those fat and juicy hot dogs. 

I hope everyone enjoys the game. Of note, fans can bring their earbuds and listen to the game via a cell phone by calling 605-468-5762 or by going to the following link http://foxsportsjackson.com  . Pregame begins at 5:45pm.

My prediction, TCA controls the boards  and pounds the rock inside offensively to win by at least 10.

Edited by ReitzFan

Congrats to TCA for the win. We are very fortunate they didn’t beat us by 40. We didn’t rebound, we turned the ball over, didn’t play defense hard, didn’t play fast and hit open outlets and didnt get the ball to the play makers when open. And all of this I heard come straight from the coaches mouth on the sideline tonight so he agrees with this post. Some times a coach can only do so much. There comes a time when players have to play with heart and play as a team. I am very surprised that he didn’t play more subs and give it a try as bad and as embarrassing as this was. 

I'm not real sure I've ever seen a Gibson County team like this one.... we've got plenty of talent, but half of the seems disinterested and plays with no sense of urgency. We have seniors, but who is the leader? Someone has to step up......... soon.............

Edited by GCPioneer

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

I'm not real sure I've ever seen a Gibson County team like this one.... we've got plenty of talent, but half of the seems disinterested and plays with no sense of urgency. We have seniors, but who is the leader? Someone has to step up......... soon.............

Talent is not getting the ball and they are open. Not hitting outlets and they were wide open. Their was a 2 on 1 fast break all night on press breaks and wasn’t executed at all. Problem is they are playing selfish basketball and playing like they want to play and slow playing passes until defense is getting set up. I think there is a big time disconnect with the starting five and they are refusing to play team ball and there hasn’t been any accountability held because of depth issues. Last year there was depth and players were held accountable for mistakes and playing like they want to play. At this point, I would start playing younger girls and making replacements  if they played like they played tonight and start holding every player accountable even though they might not be as experienced I would get ready for next year.

Edited by pioneer42

TCA didn’t have their beat game either.  I think both teams were really gassed due to holiday schedule. Staying up late and sleeping late doesn’t mix well with basketball.  TCA’s depth was difference tonight and we were down a post player.  Our two leading scorers only scored 14 and 7.  The rest of the team stepped up and proved we are a very balanced team.  Alyssa G had a great night with 17 pts and 9 boards!  I still think GC makes it to Murfreesboro.  They won’t beat Greenfield but who will!  Hart is a beast.  Love to watch her play.  Best post we will see all year!  Good luck to GC!  We’re pulling for you.  Class program, fans, players and coaches!

4 minutes ago, Intense said:

TCA didn’t have their beat game either.  I think both teams were really gassed due to holiday schedule. Staying up late and sleeping late doesn’t mix well with basketball.  TCA’s depth was difference tonight and we were down a post player.  Our two leading scorers only scored 14 and 7.  The rest of the team stepped up and proved we are a very balanced team.  Alyssa G had a great night with 17 pts and 9 boards!  I still think GC makes it to Murfreesboro.  They won’t beat Greenfield but who will!  Hart is a beast.  Love to watch her play.  Best post we will see all year!  Good luck to GC!  We’re pulling for you.  Class program, fans, players and coaches!

I am pulling for TCA too. TCA I know didn’t play their best. But they played harder than we did and won the TO and rebound battle. We play like we did tonight we won’t be in Murfreesboro. We won’t make it to the semis of the Region with a performance like this. 

Just now, pioneer42 said:

I am pulling for TCA too. TCA I know didn’t play their best. But they played harder than we did and won the TO and rebound battle. We play like we did tonight we won’t be in Murfreesboro. We won’t make it to the semis of the Region with a performance like this. 

I agree GC didn’t play their best ball.  I would hope we had something to do with that.  We didn’t play our best against Greenfield BUT they had a lot to do with it with their pressure.   TCA is at its best when they run the floor.  They were able to do that in spurts tonight.  I also thought they did a great job of not leaving Bass open.  We’ve seen enough of her to know you can’t give her an inch of space.  GC will get better as season goes on.  Coach Wilkins is too good of a coach to let one game get them down.