Glass House picks for DII-A

Intense

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

You can beat them, but they could beat you too I believe. Got two D-1 players and a real good supporting cast. Greenfield would probably have trouble with them now as well. Good luck tomm!! Hope you guys win it!!

Agree.  Playing like they did yesterday, there were several teams In west TN that would have beaten TCA including GC, Westview, USJ, Greenfield,  Crockett and even Huntington.  As good as TRA is defensively, they are equally as mediocre offensively.  Had they had any guard play, they would have been up 20 plus after the first qtr and then just run clock for the win.  Someone said that #12 for TCA was just “throwing the ball up” but if TRA hypothetically had a player like her on their team and TCA also had her, then TRA wins that game going away.  She can handle the press by herself and then has numbers offensively.  TKA will have their hands full tomorrow because no way does TCA play that bad again.

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

First of all, I acknowledge that TKA is a quality team. You don't get here unless you are. We all know the strength of TKA so I will dispense with that conversation.

Weaknesses that I see in TKA are the fact that in the semifinals they had three girls who did not come off the floor. They played 32 minutes each. Obviously you have to have good legs and great wind to be able to play the game at a high level and not come off the floor. TKA also had only three shots taken in the previous game by non-starters. What that tells me is that there is a lack of depth on the TKA team. You may not see it right off the bat but I see the defensive pressure of TCA eventually wearing down TKA. TCA can throw nine players at you with little to no drop off in talent from the starting five. It is obvious that TCA can still put forth great effort even when thier Miss Basketball candidate has an off night. With TCA, you have to defend each girl on the floor hard because each girl can score. Offensively, TCA will force TKA to stretch their defense as at least four of the TCA starters are reliable three-ball threats. That will create spacing within the defense and allow TCA to penetrate for mid-level and inside shots. TCA also has outstanding post play. In the semifinal game on Thursday, TCA got 37 points out of their post players. Whereas most teams are fortunate to have one quality post player, TCA can throw three of them at you. If needed, the Lions can go aircraft carrier on you and have all three in the game at the same time. TCA is also a team that can rely on multiple defenses. That tells me that you cannot just set on one type of offense against TCA as they will throw many different looks at you.

Bottom line is that I see this game being close in the early parts of the contest with TCA gradually gaining an advantage as the game goes on due to the stress and pressure that TCA will put TKA under, and with that, TKA will expend greater amounts of energy. After a close first quarter, or even first half, I see TCA pulling away in the second half for a double digit win against TKA.

First of all, if was TCA I would run my offense inside out with Pagoaga. She is a beast and in a high pressure game get it down low and get some buckets or get some foul shots off the bat. That will in turn sooner or later open up the three ball. TCA might not get as many TO’s against TKA as they did against TRA. Guard play was excellent against Goodpasture. TCA will have to handle the ball better themselves as well. TKA will handle their pressure better than TRA did and won’t have as many possessions. 

4 minutes ago, BullShark said:

Agree.  Playing like they did yesterday, there were several teams In west TN that would have beaten TCA including GC, Westview, USJ, Greenfield,  Crockett and even Huntington.  As good as TRA is defensively, they are equally as mediocre offensively.  Had they had any guard play, they would have been up 20 plus after the first qtr and then just run clock for the win.  Someone said that #12 for TCA was just “throwing the ball up” but if TRA hypothetically had a player like her on their team and TCA also had her, then TRA wins that game going away.  She can handle the press by herself and then has numbers offensively.  TKA will have their hands full tomorrow because no way does TCA play that bad again.

I agree 100%. Very obvious that TRA didn’t have good guard play as TCA had so many possessions off of their TO’s. TKA looks to have good guard play and will handle their pressure better. TCA plays like they did yesterday they lose by double digits, IMO. But I am like you. TCA won’t be held scoreless in the first quarter and Macey Lee won’t be held to five points either.That is the reason i think they need to get it to the strong posts and get the nerves settled early.

28 minutes ago, BullShark said:

Can’t wait to hear your call of the game tomorrow because I don’t think I will be able to make it in person. Good luck to TCA.  No way they come out as shaky as they did on Thursday.  I think they win by 20.  Then softball season officially starts for everyone!

I sure wish that I was going to be there. However, I have been laid up with a very bad back since the middle of January. I have been fighting this bad back for over a year and I am facing major surgery within the next few weeks. Sadly, I cannot sit in a chair for 2 hours to call a basketball game. It breaks my heart that I will miss it.

15 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I sure wish that I was going to be there. However, I have been laid up with a very bad back since the middle of January. I have been fighting this bad back for over a year and I am facing major surgery within the next few weeks. Sadly, I cannot sit in a chair for 2 hours to call a basketball game. It breaks my heart that I will miss it.

I hate to hear that!  Best of luck to you!