Preseason Top Ten in 2A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

43 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah I had thought he would be the Qb, and like you I hope his back is good this year. Hes a great athlete all the way around. Look forward to seeing what hes capable of at the helm. I hope Will Meadows has another year like he did last year. Was great to see how much he improved from the start to the end of the season. Look forward to seeing what leaders emerge this season.

I'm with you. Hate to lose such a great senior class and arguably the best player in school history, but there is good group returning. Lots to be excited about! I am proud to be a Tiger.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:19 AM, Imthayeti said:

Will Logan Carrol play in the secondary on defense? Considering what the what the underclassmen have achieved the last few years and what freshman we have coming up and having seen their ability I think we wont have a problem besides line play again. I hope that's the case anyway. I still hope Will Meadows brother decides to play.

Some folks at Sequoyah are saying the Meadows' brother will coming there to play basketball for Pennington.

3 hours ago, MarsBlackmon said:

I'm with you. Hate to lose such a great senior class and arguably the best player in school history, but there is good group returning. Lots to be excited about! I am proud to be a Tiger.

I was impressed with a lot of the Meigs Middle players in the championship game. The kid playing qb that evening will shine in high school.

54 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I was impressed with a lot of the Meigs Middle players in the championship game. The kid playing qb that evening will shine in high school.

Yeah, the backup qb did a great job. They had a great team. The line was huge for that age. The Meadows kid was the starting qb, but missed alot of the last few games due to injury. He was a great talent.

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

Some folks at Sequoyah are saying the Meadows' brother will coming there to play basketball for Pennington.

I watched Pennington play in high school. It was not abnormal for him to score 30 a game. Few games he scored 50 or so. He was also a great talent.

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah, the backup qb did a great job. They had a great team. The line was huge for that age. The Meadows kid was the starting qb, but missed alot of the last few games due to injury. He was a great talent.

I know the younger Meadows, Ethan?,  is very talented and was the former starting qb before hurting his elbow, but the kid that took his place, Kraskous?, is very stout, strong, and quick. He looked more like a running back out there bowling over or evading tacklers.

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I watched Pennington play in high school. It was not abnormal for him to score 30 a game. Few games he scored 50 or so. He was also a great talent.

Andy Pennington was a great player and I think he'll build a good team at Sequoyah. I was just surprised to hear that the younger Meadows' parents might send him to Sequoyah to play basketball. I know both the parents were stellar athletes at Meigs and they're diehard Meigs' fans, heavily involved in their sons' sports programs. From what I've heard Sammy has a great group of young players playing for him at Meigs High, so wouldn't the boys' program be one that the younger Meadows would want to be involved with?
The Sequoyah thing may just be a rumor, but I've heard it from more than one person involved with Sequoyah.

14 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

@crow How good do you think Oneida will be this coming season? Havent heard alot about your team yet.

More of the same yeti. We’ll be good not great. As usual we’ll make some teams nervous here and there and we’ll be physical. Just don’t see any real difference makers. We’ll have another very good team but probably struggle getting over the hump. Gotta have a stud or two for that. 

10 hours ago, hohmaster said:

Andy Pennington was a great player and I think he'll build a good team at Sequoyah. I was just surprised to hear that the younger Meadows' parents might send him to Sequoyah to play basketball. I know both the parents were stellar athletes at Meigs and they're diehard Meigs' fans, heavily involved in their sons' sports programs. From what I've heard Sammy has a great group of young players playing for him at Meigs High, so wouldn't the boys' program be one that the younger Meadows would want to be involved with?
The Sequoyah thing may just be a rumor, but I've heard it from more than one person involved with Sequoyah.

I researched Sequoyah a bit not sure why he would want to go honestly. A good player doesnt always pan out to be a great coach atm Sequoyah is mediocre at best but that said our boys team havent won a game this year. Maybe that could be leading to what you are saying . I'd be surprised to see him go but you never know. 

10 hours ago, crow said:

More of the same yeti. We’ll be good not great. As usual we’ll make some teams nervous here and there and we’ll be physical. Just don’t see any real difference makers. We’ll have another very good team but probably struggle getting over the hump. Gotta have a stud or two for that. 

Our game between us should be a dandy this year. I'll know preseason how good we will be if I get to see any games. Otherwise Sweetwater our first game should tell the tale. I'm pretty sure they will be pretty good again.

Edited by Imthayeti

On 1/30/2020 at 11:01 AM, PeabodyPride said:

I think Peabody will be number 1 in polls going into week one simply because of the last 2 years however, after week one and they destroy a Milan team thay will be senior talent loaded on their hone field with a guy thats "Football Jesus" at the wheel "haha". They will have earned the 1 spot ! With the backs peabody will start next year as well as a line that really loses so little they will domi ate in the run game and will be in the top 10 mix till the end of the season imho . My 2 A preseason top 5 are as follows

1. Peabody

2. Watertown

3. Trousdale

4. Meigs 

5. Everyone else at this point

A Trousdale/Peabody rematch may very well be in the making....Then again this is just February and we have a long ways until December.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...