Region 7AA

sportslover88

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Westview impressed me the way they have handled Dyersburg. South Side has come together as well and played well since losing Currie-Jelks. I do think Westview would be favored but South Side’s girls always play so hard they are never out of any game. Will be a great game for sure.

Coach McNeal does an awesome job year in and year out! He should have won coach of the year again this year imo. He has South Side among the best in the state yet again this year after losing over 3200 points off of last year team(Miller, Transou). Westview definitely has a top tier program! I think he has done awesome, he lost his top player in Currie-Jelks. He not only lost one of the top sophomores in Tennessee, he lost his only returning starter from last year. She is a 20 point 12 rebound a night type of player! If everyone stays healthy look out for South Side next year,  Coach McNeal will return his entire starting 5 plus Currie-Jelks will return for her junior year. Coach McNeal will return at lease 12 players with a lot of experience! We are also get a few good 8th graders that can play some next year! Look out 14AA and state of Tennessee! 

• Like 1

I went an watched Westview and Scotts HIll tonight. 25-25 at the half. My take on the game....WV played conservative the 1st half, Scotts HIll probably shot the ball at a clip of 60-70 percent first half and I was impressed by the shooters, and WV kicked the defense in to gear in the 2nd half and held them to I believe 6 points. Westview didn't run too much tonight and the WV and South Side game should be a barn burner. 

3 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I went an watched Westview and Scotts HIll tonight. 25-25 at the half. My take on the game....WV played conservative the 1st half, Scotts HIll probably shot the ball at a clip of 60-70 percent first half and I was impressed by the shooters, and WV kicked the defense in to gear in the 2nd half and held them to I believe 6 points. Westview didn't run too much tonight and the WV and South Side game should be a barn burner. 

I like the Westview coach a lot but I still don’t understand why he wants to play so slow all the time.He has a good record but I just don’t understand it. Same with Gleason.

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I like the Westview coach a lot but I still don’t understand why he wants to play so slow all the time.He has a good record but I just don’t understand it. Same with Gleason.

In my observation, it looked like he was working on something in the first half on offense involving a lot of "pick and roll". Scotts Hill shot the ball well all night, but in the 2nd half they just couldn't get open. I believe SH took 4 timeouts in the first 4 minutes of the 3rd quarter, but by that time the game was effectively over. 

1 hour ago, concernedbobcat said:

Lady Bobcats lose. Typical Lott hold the ball with a lead. Bad passing. CC scores while Bobcats hold and pass ball around. Wild shots and not getting the ball into KWW.

Not the Coach Of the Year! He already out? It’s just the first round! I guess they was still celebrating that win they stole from the Hawks lol

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

1. He doesn’t have much of a bench. Only subs two girls in so if they played run and gun then girls would get tired.

2. He doesn’t like to run up the score. Let’s be honest...if they would have pressed the whole game then they would have won by 40+. They pressed 3rd quarter and out scored them like 23-0. 

3. He does it and it works for his team so why change it up?!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

1. He doesn’t have much of a bench. Only subs two girls in so if they played run and gun then girls would get tired.

2. He doesn’t like to run up the score. Let’s be honest...if they would have pressed the whole game then they would have won by 40+. They pressed 3rd quarter and out scored them like 23-0. 

3. He does it and it works for his team so why change it up?!

He has been successful no doubt. Just think with an athletic PG like they got and Callins and Yancy they would want to play faster and get them into space. Now I can understand playing slower with the posts he had the last four or five years. Just wondering. 

Edited by pioneer42