Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

15 hours ago, orngnblk said:

If they actually transferred will they let him come back? We had one leave and go to a Virginia school a couple years ago, and they would not let him transfer back.??? The Gilbert kid.

That was a little different situation. Sam has not enrolled anywhere. Right now it's like he has not gone anywhere

Interesting change of rule: 

Article II, Section 13 (Ineligible Transfer Students) of the TSSAA/TMSAA Bylaws

The section making students ineligible for twelve months in all sports if they transfer a second time in their career has been removed.

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2020 at 11:49 AM, Indian said:

Interesting change of rule: 

Article II, Section 13 (Ineligible Transfer Students) of the TSSAA/TMSAA Bylaws

The section making students ineligible for twelve months in all sports if they transfer a second time in their career has been removed.

Is this new or something that has been in place 

Seems like if a parent has a job that moves him from I.E. Johnson city To Knoxville then to Nashville during a kids h.s. Career. It would not be the kids fault and he should be able to play

On 5/1/2020 at 10:49 PM, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Ca Gov saying may be Sept/Oct or more before they even think about their Phase 4 which is sporting events

No way we are playing football this season.... Coronavirus is ramping up for a bad fall. Need a vaccine before we even think about playing in 2021

15 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Tin Foil Film GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Trying to get you prepared for no football season coming up is worse than explaining to a kid there really isn't a Santa Clause. It's the idiots that are out there right now running around with no sense of any kind of protection that will do us all in and cause the numbers to spike which will caddy bar the door. I personally don't even see school back in until 2021 sometime. This will be a tough pill to swallow for all of us and it could go right into 2021 season also. Football is the only thing I have left at my old school to hang my hat on because the way it has been hijacked and ran since the days I was there makes me sick so believe me I don't want this to happen but it don't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Trying to get you prepared for no football season coming up is worse than explaining to a kid there really isn't a Santa Clause. It's the idiots that are out there right now running around with no sense of any kind of protection that will do us all in and cause the numbers to spike which will caddy bar the door. I personally don't even see school back in until 2021 sometime. This will be a tough pill to swallow for all of us and it could go right into 2021 season also. Football is the only thing I have left at my old school to hang my hat on because the way it has been hijacked and ran since the days I was there makes me sick so believe me I don't want this to happen but it don't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Come on man. It is May 7th. None of us have a clue what’s going to happen.

8 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Come on man. It is May 7th. None of us have a clue what’s going to happen.

I'm sorry and don't want to sound negative but what are the plans for social distancing if we set six feet apart. That would only allow 200 fans on the Alcoa home side if you do the math. That would allow three people in the pressbox. My thoughts are to get pay TV ready ASAP if there is any possible chance. Some of these places have no signals or hotspots which is a lame duck. 

On 3/11/2020 at 5:01 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

If you go thru the past threads you will find this is nothing new on MY part as I have never covered up how I feel about Rankin.  Heck I have even told him to his face.  If this is a secret it is the worse kept one in the state.

As to pulling my son, I DID.  Only reason he went back was Coach Steve Britton.  My son will tell you to this day he played for Britton and NOT Rankin.  The pulling was because of Grades.  I insisted my children maintain a certain level and it was NOT the minimum to play per T$$AA.  Rankin told my son in my hearing his grades were fine as they were and one D was not the end of the world!  It ended his football right then until Steve Britton came to me and asked me not to transfer my son to either Oakland or Eagleville as I already had it cleared for him to go to either of them with no time off for transferring.  It is good to work directly for ALL the Judges in the County as their Investigator and then also Bird Hunt with the school boards Lawyer.  The school Super at the time also told Rankin to leave it alone as he could not save him that time if he pushed it.  This I got from the two of the other Coaches that overheard that conversation.

Isn't Rankin a Vice Principal at Alcoa?  Hard for a teacher to tell one of them NO when a 'favor' is asked. 

raider1234,  believe me or not.  In the words of Rhett Butler, "Frankly I do not give...............!".

This however is my last words in this thread as I got better things to do with my life.

I have had three sons play for Rankin since 2007. I never saw any of the false charges you place here. Rankin is a old school hard nosed man and so many parents and kids are soft and cannot handle it. He will not pet you. He will not console you. He will not favor you. He will not kiss parents butts. He will get after your rear and demand all you have. But, he will give you a chance and it is up to you to excel. If you do not, or if you are inconsistent, or have attitude problems, he will make a change. You do not get many “do overs” in championship football.  Additionally, so many parents move their “star” into Alcoa only to find out their kid is treated like everybody else. This hurts their little hearts, they spoil the kids attitude, and it is downhill from there. As for recruiting, I have personally observed him talking to colleges and pushing the abilities of players. However, he will not push kids he knows are incapable of playing at the next level or have attitude/character issues. All of my sons benefited greatly from the life lessons he and his staff delivered every day. Did they complain sometimes? Yes, they did. Did I listen? Yes. Did I agree? No. I told them to get back out there and deliver what he wanted. They are all solid men now. They know how to compete and not make excuses. I thank Coach Rankin and staff for all they did for my sons. And always will. Adios. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scots50 said:

I have had three sons play for Rankin since 2007. I never saw any of the false charges you place here. Rankin is a old school hard nosed man and so many parents and kids are soft and cannot handle it. He will not pet you. He will not console you. He will not favor you. He will not kiss parents butts. He will get after your rear and demand all you have. But, he will give you a chance and it is up to you to excel. If you do not, or if you are inconsistent, or have attitude problems, he will make a change. You do not get many “do overs” in championship football.  Additionally, so many parents move their “star” into Alcoa only to find out their kid is treated like everybody else. This hurts their little hearts, they spoil the kids attitude, and it is downhill from there. As for recruiting, I have personally observed him talking to colleges and pushing the abilities of players. However, he will not push kids he knows are incapable of playing at the next level or have attitude/character issues. All of my sons benefited greatly from the life lessons he and his staff delivered every day. Did they complain sometimes? Yes, they did. Did I listen? Yes. Did I agree? No. I told them to get back out there and deliver what he wanted. They are all solid men now. They know how to compete and not make excuses. I thank Coach Rankin and staff for all they did for my sons. And always will. Adios. 

LOD is a Riverdale fan and hated Gary Rankin when he was the coach at Riverdale.  I remember how excited he was when Rankin left for Alcoa following the 2005 season and when Ron Aydelott came to Riverdale from Hillsboro.  I was one of the people who thought Alcoa had peaked under John Reid.  Semifinals in 2003 and Back-To-Back Championships in 2004 and 2005.  In 2005 they'd beaten Fulton by 40 points.  When they lost the Fulton game in Week 3 of the 2006 season to start the year off 1-2 I remember telling a buddy of mine that night that he's going to get run out of their on a rail.  5 Championships from 2006-2010 and Back-To-Back wins over Maryville in 2009 & 2010 were then said to be the climax of Alcoa under Gary Rankin.  When they went 8-5 in 2011 and lost to CAK by blowing that huge lead in the Quarters of the playoffs the writing was on the wall.  That seat was even hot in 2012 when CAK beat them again in the Quarters in one of the greatest high school football games in this state's history.  Even in 2014 when they lost to CPA in the State Championship Game 7-0 with a backup QB under center there were critics.  Rankin's overall record at Alcoa now stands at 187-18 with 11 State Championship Victories.  They've sent countless student-athletes to college where they've gone on to be successful.  The pressure to win at Alcoa has to be more nerve racking than what many understand.  If you don't go 15-0 and win the State Championship then you are questioned by someone as being the best person to lead the football program.  

I would not let LOD's remarks about your coach be something that gets to you.