Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm confused why all the interest from outsiders coming into Alcoa regarding the QB position when they don't pass that much plus their QB from last year leaving to try and help his value as a college player somewhere else if he don't return also. Now that would be interesting to see. I knew the Catholic QB made a big mistake

Why

We Win - Thats Why - Rings 

if you are a true Dual Threat  - this is a place to play

if you are a true pocket guy - not so much

On 6/9/2020 at 9:18 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm confused why all the interest from outsiders coming into Alcoa regarding the QB position when they don't pass that much plus their QB from last year leaving to try and help his value as a college player somewhere else if he don't return also. Now that would be interesting to see. I knew the Catholic QB made a big mistake

Alcoa needs to throw the ball like they did against Maryville in 2018 and Blackman in 2019. Had Alcoa thrown the ball against Maryville in 2019, Alcoa would be playing for three straight this season. 

Alcoa going to have three WR threats,  all over 6'3".....and some major QB's! Better hope Rankin pulls the bullets out of the passing game again or Maryville going down BIG!:thumb:

9 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa needs to throw the ball like they did against Maryville in 2018 and Blackman in 2019. Had Alcoa thrown the ball against Maryville in 2019, Alcoa would be playing for three straight this season. 

Alcoa going to have three WR threats,  all over 6'3".....and some major QB's! Better hope Rankin pulls the bullets out of the passing game again or Maryville going down BIG!:thumb:

I personally know nine different families of kids on Alcoa's team this year and out of the nine four are out of the William Blount School zone and five are out of the Heritage School Zone and most start. All great families and some of them have told me why they went to Alcoa. I personally don't blame a one of them for wanting the best for their kids and knowing those families I do support them. My only argument is that there should be a multiplier rule for such a large group that no other public school other than P-C out of Nashville has which makes the road to Cookeville a cakewalk. Love to see Alcoa playing in 5A instead of taking unfair advantage of these small rural programs that bring 50 to 100 fans to a game. No doubt in my mind Alcoa can win it all in 5A, bring in large crowds and bring home trophies to really be proud about and actually pick up a real big fan base. Until the only thing they have to hang their hat on is the dear head at the barber shop uptown.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I personally know nine different families of kids on Alcoa's team this year and out of the nine four are out of the William Blount School zone and five are out of the Heritage School Zone and most start. All great families and some of them have told me why they went to Alcoa. I personally don't blame a one of them for wanting the best for their kids and knowing those families I do support them. My only argument is that there should be a multiplier rule for such a large group that no other public school other than P-C out of Nashville has which makes the road to Cookeville a cakewalk. Love to see Alcoa playing in 5A instead of taking unfair advantage of these small rural programs that bring 50 to 100 fans to a game. No doubt in my mind Alcoa can win it all in 5A, bring in large crowds and bring home trophies to really be proud about and actually pick up a real big fan base. Until the only thing they have to hang their hat on is the dear head at the barber shop uptown.

Why do the kids at Maryville that come from WB and Heritage go to Maryville??

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Why do the kids at Maryville that come from WB and Heritage go to Maryville??

The same reason but not like in the past because tuition at Alcoa is $800 a year and $2,300 at Maryville. Very hard to fork out $2,300 no matter who you are. Maryville has a few but because of the high tuition most have moved into the city. BC and some of them guys take it wrong about how I feel about that situation. I want Alcoa to do well and playing up with all those county kids would bring them more fans and better teams to compete against. I wouldn't go outside and set on my deck and watch them play teams like Scott County, Pigeon Forge and Northview if it were in my backyard. You play Oak Ridge , Fulton, Central and I'll be there with bells on. Maybe when Rankin gets tired and feels his record will never be broken a new coach will realize that.

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The same reason but not like in the past because tuition at Alcoa is $800 a year and $2,300 at Maryville. Very hard to fork out $2,300 no matter who you are. Maryville has a few but because of the high tuition most have moved into the city. BC and some of them guys take it wrong about how I feel about that situation. I want Alcoa to do well and playing up with all those county kids would bring them more fans and better teams to compete against. I wouldn't go outside and set on my deck and watch them play teams like Scott County, Pigeon Forge and Northview if it were in my backyard. You play Oak Ridge , Fulton, Central and I'll be there with bells on. Maybe when Rankin gets tired and feels his record will never be broken a new coach will realize that.

So the kids come they just move into the district instead of stay where they are and pay tuition gotcha. What your saying about Alcoa moving up to 5A is the same thing people used to say about Maryville when they played in 4A. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

But I do get what you are saying. You just have to be realistic.  Alcoa can’t move up 2 classes. Tssaa will only allow you to move up 1 class. And if they did 3A is tougher than 4A. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So the kids come they just move into the district instead of stay where they are and pay tuition gotcha. What your saying about Alcoa moving up to 5A is the same thing people used to say about Maryville when they played in 4A. 

Tuition has always been 3 times higher at Maryville. The big raid for county kids at Maryville was in the 70's and 80's.  For some reason Maryville grew like a weed after and has always been behind the 8 ball  with no room to expand and forced to raise tuition. On the other hand Alcoa grew on a smaller scale. I was a contractor that built 230 houses and not one in Alcoa because it was a very slow sell and my lender discouraged me from building there because of it. If you were building in Maryville you were eating at the steakhouse and if you built in Alcoa you were on a  boloney sandwich diet.

Edited by BarneySox2007

12 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Tuition has always been 3 times higher at Maryville. The big raid for county kids at Maryville was in the 70's and 80's.  For some reason Maryville grew like a weed after and has always been behind the 8 ball  with no room to expand and forced to raise tuition. On the other hand Alcoa grew on a smaller scale. I was a contractor that built 230 houses and not one in Alcoa because it was a very slow sell and my lender discouraged me from building there because of it. If you were building in Maryville you were eating at the steakhouse and if you built in Alcoa you were on a  boloney sandwich diet.

I’d settle for the Hot Rod’s diet. 

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

But I do get what you are saying. You just have to be realistic.  Alcoa can’t move up 2 classes. Tssaa will only allow you to move up 1 class. And if they did 3A is tougher than 4A. 

3a is not tougher than 4a in the East BPM (You might be able to say that about  West TN).  Alcoa would have better games against Betsy, Greeneville, and AC in the Playoffs than GP, AE, and Loudon.  The last Public School to give Alcoa a game in 3a out of the East was Betsy before they moved to 4a and that was a 17-14 game at Alcoa in the Quarter Finals

27 minutes ago, Swipes said:

3a is not tougher than 4a in the East BPM (You might be able to say that about  West TN).  Alcoa would have better games against Betsy, Greeneville, and AC in the Playoffs than GP, AE, and Loudon.  The last Public School to give Alcoa a game in 3a out of the East was Betsy before they moved to 4a and that was a 17-14 game at Alcoa in the Quarter Finals

I agree with you on that point. It would be tougher in the East for Alcoa. I feel that 3A is tougher from top to bottom. In 4A it is Haywood, Springfield and that’s it on the west side. After those two there are mostly a bunch of average teams. This year Hardin Co will be pretty good though. I feel like Covington, Milan South Gibson, Pearl, Stratford, East Nashville, Fairview and others In 3A would all do well in 4A and have a great chance to play for a state title if they were to move up.  In 4A Greenville and Betsy are top dawgs and Alcoa in 3A. I just feel that after those top dawgs 3A has a lot more depth in regards to high quality teams. Just my two cents.