Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

20 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

If I'm hiring a coach I'll take 439-77 and 15 State Championships and look like a genius.  

Gary Rankin Coaching Resume

No doubt, never said he was a bad coach. It takes a special hard nosed type person to win at Alcoa and he runs the show there and let no one question it. I didn't like my coach when I played for him but learned why he did the things he did later after I got out of school. My only issue with him is that he likes the numbers he's building up beating on little rural type schools that don't have the financial backing Alcoa has or facilities. Alcoa setting there with a scoreboard that came out of a major college football stadium playing schools that can't afford a Second Clock. You beat Maryville 25% of the time and play a game right down to the wire with them 50% of the time and stick your chest out running over 3A schools with a hand picked group of good players from both William Blount and Heritage mixed in with a group of all stars from Knoxville and call yourself that little ole 3A school. Bull S<><, Should be playing in 5A.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No doubt, never said he was a bad coach. It takes a special hard nosed type person to win at Alcoa and he runs the show there and let no one question it. I didn't like my coach when I played for him but learned why he did the things he did later after I got out of school. My only issue with him is that he likes the numbers he's building up beating on little rural type schools that don't have the financial backing Alcoa has or facilities. Alcoa setting there with a scoreboard that came out of a major college football stadium playing schools that can't afford a Second Clock. You beat Maryville 25% of the time and play a game right down to the wire with them 50% of the time and stick your chest out running over 3A schools with a hand picked group of good players from both William Blount and Heritage mixed in with a group of all stars from Knoxville and call yourself that little ole 3A school. Bull S<><, Should be playing in 5A.

couldn't have said it better

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You realize that Alcoa would be dominant in 5A as well. 

It wasn't long ago that 2A/3A that Alcoa played in had the likes of CPA, Lipscomb, Goodpasture, CAK, Notre Dame, DCA, and Knoxville Catholic.  I mean no disrespect to Knoxville West, Henry County, Beech, etc. but they would not fare any better than Loudon, Pearl-Cohn, Covington, and Milan.  

If Alcoa played in 6A them and Maryville would meet in the Quarterfinals of the Playoffs every single year and the winner of that game would play Rutherford County's best team (lately = Oakland) in the semifinals and then the winner of that eventual game would play Williamson County's best team or Whitehaven in the State Championship Game.  

Alcoa wouldn't win the state championship every year in 6A but I assure you that Maryville would have a much more challenging obstacle waiting for them in the quarterfinals than Dobyns Bennett.  

Just now, howdoitknow said:

You realize that Alcoa would be dominant in 5A as well. 

It wasn't long ago that 2A/3A that Alcoa played in had the likes of CPA, Lipscomb, Goodpasture, CAK, Notre Dame, DCA, and Knoxville Catholic.  I mean no disrespect to Knoxville West, Henry County, Beech, etc. but they would not fare any better than Loudon, Pearl-Cohn, Covington, and Milan.  

If Alcoa played in 6A them and Maryville would meet in the Quarterfinals of the Playoffs every single year and the winner of that game would play Rutherford County's best team (lately = Oakland) in the semifinals and then the winner of that eventual game would play Williamson County's best team or Whitehaven in the State Championship Game.  

Alcoa wouldn't win the state championship every year in 6A but I assure you that Maryville would have a much more challenging obstacle waiting for them in the quarterfinals than Dobyns Bennett.  

I would love to see them in 5A and yes I know they can win it all there. You think I don't like Alcoa but your taking me all wrong. I would go see a Alcoa and Powell game before I would set and watch Maryville and Heritage game or a few others. Love good football and Alcoa would run the roost if they did this but for some reason no one can understand that.

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I would love to see them in 5A and yes I know they can win it all there. You think I don't like Alcoa but your taking me all wrong. I would go see a Alcoa and Powell game before I would set and watch Maryville and Heritage game or a few others. Love good football and Alcoa would run the roost if they did this but for some reason no one can understand that.

Open Zone Schools are going to have a huge edge as long as they get to play against restricted schools.  I've said this for years.  Everyone was celebrating when the privates left but at the end of the day all it did was create a clearcut avenue for open zone schools to dominate in many instances.

11 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Open Zone Schools are going to have a huge edge as long as they get to play against restricted schools.  I've said this for years.  Everyone was celebrating when the privates left but at the end of the day all it did was create a clearcut avenue for open zone schools to dominate in many instances.

You do realize that over 90% of the schools in Tn are Open Zone Schools per the TSSAA Guidelines and classified as such.  Any School system that has a transfer policy on file that someone can attend that school and not live in that zone is Open Zoned no matter if it's for safety, classes not offered at other school, disciplinary, etc 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Alcoa last season had 65 players and 650 students and played up 3 classifications against 6A programs. All 3 where in the qtr finals.  That's playing up!

How about Murvul? Ever travel out of state? Have Brentwood Academy,  Ensworth, MBA on the schedule?  Play state Championship teams in Georgia,  NC, SC, or KY? .........NO! 

Stick with playing Heritage and WB, the teams you steal the best players from, like your best RB !

Step up and play better teams! Play "big boy football" like Alcoa does every year! :thumb:

54 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa last season had 65 players and 650 students and played up 3 classifications against 6A programs. All 3 where in the qtr finals.  That's playing up!

How about Murvul? Ever travel out of state? Have Brentwood Academy,  Ensworth, MBA on the schedule?  Play state Championship teams in Georgia,  NC, SC, or KY? .........NO! 

Stick with playing Heritage and WB, the teams you steal the best players from, like your best RB !

Step up and play better teams! Play "big boy football" like Alcoa does every year! :thumb:

Big Boy Football isn't 3A and you know that. Needs to be a multiplier rule on tuition students and you know that.  Eventually football will be a game of the past if same schools dominate a class with an unfair advantage, and apparently you're not understanding that for some reason. I look for who ever takes Grandpa Steal A Trophy's place one day to possibly do that because they at least are smart enough to see it knowing they came from Maryville.