Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It's a start.

A Maryville fan telling Alcoa to move up and play "big boy football" LOL!

Here is why Barney  is scared....very scared!

Alcoa has a new school capable of 1000 students,  with 650 current enrollment.  The plan was to fund that school from tuition students and has. Alcoa has enough land to add to the new school and take it to 2000+ student capacity.  On the other hand, Maryville high school is land locked and continued growth will more than likely result in an additional Maryville  City school being added within the next 5-10 years. Most of Maryville Cities growth is west. It would not surprise me to see WB annexed into the city. WB high school is surrounded by Maryville city property now.  It only makes sense.  If that happens, the city will set boundaries.  All the kids around WB will be zoned for WB. Maryville will lose their stranglehold on that area and Carpenters grade area. Maryville will remain a 1500-1600 student school at capacity with no ability to bring in tuition students. Alcoa has already planned for its future.  The level of competition has tightened up with just the addition of 150-200 students.  Alcoa will no longer be little brother. Maryville maybe little sister in 5-10 years!:thumb: Even WB might start standing toe to toe with Maryville once put on an equal playing field! Ha!

Alcoa planned alright, that's for sure. They built a brand new school right beside contaminated property left from the old West Plant from the Aluminum Company of America which sets directly under the baseball field they use right now. The people of Alcoa might not give it much thought but big time businesses have that understand what could happen in the long run such as the mall in Cleveland , Ohio that had to shut down within the first few years from people getting sick built right over a mess like that.. That's why after three years nothing has been built on all that acreage where the city wasted all that money and the only thing there is a motel going up. Guess they figured it wouldn't have a long time effect on an overnight traveller like it would have a big business with three or four employee's like a Sam's or a Walmart which have said no way Jose, we not getting involved with that mess. That's why your city manager originally lost his job but had to backtrack and keep him a while longer. Far as both the county high schools go it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Maryville have to take them over one day and when that happens the road to Alcoa would get shut down real quick for the twenty plus kids that live in those areas seeking a better system to go to. Why pay tuition to Alcoa when there is now an equal school of value to attend and I promise you if that happens those two programs would get turned around fast. I'm not worried about Maryville losing kids because we went to the state five times in the 70's and won it three times and that was when 450 to 550 kids went there. Mark my words BC I've lived here all my life and know the situation from the start unlike a transplant from Knoxville that's taken a crash course on Blount County because I've lived it. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Alcoa planned alright, that's for sure. They built a brand new school right beside contaminated property left from the old West Plant from the Aluminum Company of America which sets directly under the baseball field they use right now. The people of Alcoa might not give it much thought but big time businesses have that understand what could happen in the long run such as the mall in Cleveland , Ohio that had to shut down within the first few years from people getting sick built right over a mess like that.. That's why after three years nothing has been built on all that acreage where the city wasted all that money and the only thing there is a motel going up. Guess they figured it wouldn't have a long time effect on an overnight traveller like it would have a big business with three or four employee's like a Sam's or a Walmart which have said no way Jose, we not getting involved with that mess. That's why your city manager originally lost his job but had to backtrack and keep him a while longer. Far as both the county high schools go it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Maryville have to take them over one day and when that happens the road to Alcoa would get shut down real quick for the twenty plus kids that live in those areas seeking a better system to go to. Why pay tuition to Alcoa when there is now an equal school of value to attend and I promise you if that happens those two programs would get turned around fast. I'm not worried about Maryville losing kids because we went to the state five times in the 70's and won it three times and that was when 450 to 550 kids went there. Mark my words BC I've lived here all my life and know the situation from the start unlike a transplant from Knoxville that's taken a crash course on Blount County because I've lived it. 

So, Alcoa recruiters are going outside Blount County! Ha! In California this week! Think I'm joking but I'm not!

Your evil Empire is going down.  It started with Lousy coupons on the back of the games tickets and the cold chicken sandwiches!

Maybe you can get Murvul to do a mail in game with Alcoa this season! You might have a chance that way !:lol:

On 3/6/2020 at 6:32 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I bet a fly on the wall at Gary's house yesterday might say different, might of went like this. "Well honey all my good players are leaving because someone has fed'em full of nonsense that the grass is greener on the other side of the hill, then all the baloney I took off those two knuckleheads on the school board plus I own every record in the book and I sure wouldn't mind seeing the boy play on Saturday instead of dealing with another season of why ain't Johnny playing more not to mention Eagleton opening up trying to steal my players back. Think it might be a good time to say enough is enough.

YepReconSo

58 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

So, Alcoa recruiters are going outside Blount County! Ha! In California this week! Think I'm joking but I'm not!

Your evil Empire is going down.  It started with Lousy coupons on the back of the games tickets and the cold chicken sandwiches!

Maybe you can get Murvul to do a mail in game with Alcoa this season! You might have a chance that way !:lol:

BC I don't care if they bring home the All State Team from California, I've said a couple of times on here I don't expect there to be a football season not only this year but next also. The second wave of this Corona is starting to appear just like I figured would happen and there are to many Nuts in power unfortunatly that will shut it down. 

On 6/13/2020 at 9:54 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

BC I don't care if they bring home the All State Team from California, I've said a couple of times on here I don't expect there to be a football season not only this year but next also. The second wave of this Corona is starting to appear just like I figured would happen and there are to many Nuts in power unfortunatly that will shut it down. 

4979ca6277fda160-in-gifs-a-guide-to-all-six-star-wars-movies.gif.d135aa2cab80834fcd3a37bf2719c5b2.gif