Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

31 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Do you think Upperman would win in all those games? I think they would after what they did to Bradley. 

I’ll answer it this way.

I do a UC Top 5 every week. Upperman has been number 1 all season, and it’s not been close. The level of basketball in the UC right now on the girls side is as high as I’ve ever seen it, and this UHS team is absolutely legit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoahMcKayUCR said:

I’ll answer it this way.

I do a UC Top 5 every week. Upperman has been number 1 all season, and it’s not been close. The level of basketball in the UC right now on the girls side is as high as I’ve ever seen it, and this UHS team is absolutely legit.

There is no doubt that the UC basketball level right now is crazy good!  So good that Clarkrange isn’t even listed on your top 5 and they will win the class A state championship!  :shock:  I think there will be two gold balls and  a final 4 from UC teams.  That’s how good!

You do a great job of covering the UC Noah.  Best play calling in the state.  We are lucky to have you.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

There is no doubt that the UC basketball level right now is crazy good!  So good that Clarkrange isn’t even listed on your top 5 and they will win the class A state championship!  :shock:  I think there will be two gold balls and  a final 4 from UC teams.  That’s how good!

You do a great job of covering the UC Noah.  Best play calling in the state.  We are lucky to have you.  

Clarkrange is the favorite yes but they are going to have their hands full. Upperman will have their hands full too. You can bet money on that. Single A and AA is loaded this year. 

50 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

2 juniors taking Finals MVP in Madison Hart & our Sharnecce Currie-Jelks! Just my opinion but I am speaking it in existence 

2 big time D-1 players. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. They obviously think basketball is only played in their neck of the woods. A lot of fans in that area thought they were going to beat Greenfield last year after the year before Greenfield came close to putting a running clock on them. I respect their teams yes but a lot of their fans aren’t practical. 

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

2 big time D-1 players. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. They obviously think basketball is only played in their neck of the woods. A lot of fans in that area thought they were going to beat Greenfield last year after the year before Greenfield came close to putting a running clock on them. I respect their teams yes but a lot of their fans aren’t practical. 

I think clarkrange can be beaten in single A on the right night by a team with big guards.   For that matter someone might beat Upperman but it will take a team full of athletes and a good coach to do it I’ve seen the last two upperman teams to win a gold ball and last years Macon co team that probably was going to win a gold ball and I think this years team is better than those teams where.     Just my opinion 

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

No one was beating Greenfield or South Side boys last year! Both teams had the “it” factor! West Tn had at least them 2 gold balls last year, they both was 30 something & 0 for a reason 

On 1/28/2021 at 7:30 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Maybe 4 or so years ago....the past couple years would have been great games.  This year would be an amazing game.  Next couple years would be heavily favored towards Cookeville.  Look at Knox Webb game.  Cookeville blew that team out of the gym.  Would have beat them by 50 if they wanted.  UHS beats them by 7.   If you think it wouldn’t be a game you are nuts.

Calm down Lady Cav you aint king of the county just yet,its coming, just be patient maybe couple years away.

On 1/28/2021 at 7:30 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Maybe 4 or so years ago....the past couple years would have been great games.  This year would be an amazing game.  Next couple years would be heavily favored towards Cookeville.  Look at Knox Webb game.  Cookeville blew that team out of the gym.  Would have beat them by 50 if they wanted.  UHS beats them by 7.   If you think it wouldn’t be a game you are nuts.

One of the Cookeville fans posted. Don’t judge Cookeville based on scores because most times it doesn’t make sense. But if you do, it would suggest that Upperman would blow out Cookeville. Upperman beat Bradley by 18 Bradley beat Knox Catholic by 36, Cookeville beat Catholic two times by 5. Upperman beat Seymour by 30 Seymour beat Sevier County by 20. You said Sevier was a good win for Cookeville. I think it’s safe to say that Upperman is the best team this side of Nashville this year in any class.

On 1/22/2021 at 7:22 PM, Dadof2 said:

I would probably go with Grainger, but I think people are under estimating Alcoa. Northview beat Alcoa by 1 and Grainger beat them by 8 I think. I would go 1. Grainger 2. Meigs 3. Northview 4. Alcoa. I think those are the 4 best teams in 2A in the east by far.

Comparing scores, common opponents ,watching films,  huddle etc. York is even to 10 points better than Northview and Grainger. 8 AA is just different.  As always West Tennessee is hard to find coverage ,common opponents etc..