Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

Just now, HawkGuy06 said:

Or they could just lose! I disagree with you, to me they are slow on film! I will be there in person February 11th to see them in person against Macon! You speak on defense, y’all aren’t even top 20 according to CoachT top defensive teams in the state(all classifications) but hey just give them the gold ball huh? 

If its eye candy you are looking for may need to look elsewhere ,Upperman may not look the part on film . I think it was 2017 Jackson Southside state tournament team was  undefeated got sent packing back to West Tennessee by a non eye candy Upperman team.  Upperman has a much tougher path than the West TN teams to get back there and I guarantee they know that.

1 minute ago, repoman said:

If its eye candy you are looking for may need to look elsewhere ,Upperman may not look the part on film . I think it was 2017 Jackson Southside state tournament team was  undefeated got sent packing back to West Tennessee by a non eye candy Upperman team.  Upperman has a much tougher path than the West TN teams to get back there and I guarantee they know that.

You don’t know what your talking about! We had a key injury in 07! Y’all won, we lost no excuses! We shall see sir/ma’am 

Just now, HawkGuy06 said:

You don’t know what your talking about! We had a key injury in 07! Y’all won, we lost no excuses! We shall see sir/ma’am 

Dang Hawk,you must really be concerned driving all the way to Lafayette so early and questioning everyone and watching film! Lmao. 

29 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Southside is probably quicker than Upperman across the board. So I’m sure if these two meet SS will have some opportunities to score off the press and some rebounds however Upperman is relentless on defense. They can score in bunches from all over the floor, they have excellent outside shooting and they defend well. Uppermans guards are reall good so SS will find it hard to steal the ball. SS teams have always relied on pressure to create easy opportunities to score. Let’s see how they do when they can’t create off of turnovers. Can they shoot beyond the foul line?  If they cannot stretch Upperman they will get dominated. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, bigstick12 said:

IM having trouble understanding any kind of logic here. Macon beat cookville this year. Then upperman destroyed macon. At no point would this b a game.

I keep seeing this crap and its driving me nuts.   If you want to compare scores or opponents look at the Knox Webb score.   They beat Knox Webb by 7.  We beat the same team the night before by 25 and didn't play starters almost entire 4th.   We could have beat them by 40-50 if we wanted.  SO therefore if they beat them by 7 and we beat them by 25 based on your logic that means we would have beat Upperman by 18-30!  See how crazy that is?    Thats why you don't compare scores.   I am  looking at matchups and what they do well and what we do well.   We break the press extremely well,  we rebound extremely well, and we play defense extremely well.    Thats why it would be a close game.   If we shot poorly like we did vs York or MC then yeah they could blow us out.   

1 hour ago, bigstick12 said:

Might as well play I mean a lot of players come from there anyways.

Trust me we have been begging for that game.   They won't play the game. 

Just now, LadyCavsFan said:

I keep seeing this crap and its driving me nuts.   If you want to compare scores or opponents look at the Knox Webb score.   They beat Knox Webb by 7.  We beat the same team the night before by 25 and didn't play starters almost entire 4th.   We could have beat them by 40-50 if we wanted.  SO therefore if they beat them by 7 and we beat them by 25 based on your logic that means we would have beat Upperman by 18-30!  See how crazy that is?    Thats why you don't compare scores.   I am  looking at matchups and what they do well and what we do well.   We break the press extremely well,  we rebound extremely well, and we play defense extremely well.    Thats why it would be a close game.   If we shot poorly like we did vs York or MC then yeah they could blow us out.   

Trust me we have been begging for that game.   They won't play the game. 

This is getting good, it's actually getting to the creepy point.   Lady Cav has newspaper clippings and pics of crosstown school and throws darts at pictures in dark candle lite rooms. Obsessed maybe!

22 minutes ago, repoman said:

This is getting good, it's actually getting to the creepy point.   Lady Cav has newspaper clippings and pics of crosstown school and throws darts at pictures in dark candle lite rooms. Obsessed maybe!

I'm by far not a genius but I would bet a year's supply of tropical starburst everytime on upperman.

Edited by bigstick12

1 hour ago, repoman said:

Dang Hawk,you must really be concerned driving all the way to Lafayette so early and questioning everyone and watching film! Lmao. 

Not at all! Just always travel across Tennessee to watch good basketball games! Don’t stroke your ego too much! It’s on your Facebook page genius 

51 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Southside is probably quicker than Upperman across the board. So I’m sure if these two meet SS will have some opportunities to score off the press and some rebounds however Upperman is relentless on defense. They can score in bunches from all over the floor, they have excellent outside shooting and they defend well. Uppermans guards are reall good so SS will find it hard to steal the ball. SS teams have always relied on pressure to create easy opportunities to score. Let’s see how they do when they can’t create off of turnovers. Can they shoot beyond the foul line?  If they cannot stretch Upperman they will get dominated. 

Dominated I highly doubt! Can they beat us maybe, can we beat them maybe! 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Dominated I highly doubt! Can they beat us maybe, can we beat them maybe! 

Oh they can beat Southside no doubt about that but now I’m not one of these homers that believes that a quality team like Southside cannot win the game because they absolutely can!

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Oh they can beat Southside no doubt about that but now I’m not one of these homers that believes that a quality team like Southside cannot win the game because they absolutely can!

Anybody can beat anyone up there. Never know. Westview and South Side will likely represent West TN this year. Westview also has a D-1 PG that can flat out play too along with lots of help. Upperman obviously a very talented team blowing out a good Macon County team. South Side has a D-1 post so they don’t just score in transition and they have another back up post that is almost as good. I do feel Clarkrange would be the favorite in Single A because they lost nobody but it will be challenging. Would have loved to seen what would have happend last year but we can’t. Greenfield everybody said was unbeatable and were definitely the favorites, but Clarkrange would have been hard to deal with just like Gibson County was going to be hard to deal with for Loretto.