Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

3 hours ago, GBO52 said:

Where does this put Westmoreland now that they beat Macon? 

That was just an early ranking. A lot has changed. Upperman, Meigs, York, Grainger, Northview and Alcoa are the best teams east of Upperman. I’m calling Upperman, Meigs, Grainger and Northview to advance to the hoses this year. 

My updated Top 10 

1. Upperman - they're in the discussion for best team in the state in all classes

2. Jackson South Side - will be undefeated when they meet Westview in the region tourney

3. Northview Academy - solid recent wins over N Greene, Alcoa and Gatlinburg

4. Grainger - have a good game scheduled against Alcoa tonight

5. Westview - assuming PG is healthy, they are tough 

6. Meigs Co - may be ranked too high; I think they're good but only good win was at McMinn Central

7. Westmoreland - one of the better defensive teams I've watched

8. Covington - should cruise to a sub-state game 

9. Creek Wood - can shoot it, play in a weak district

10. Livingston Academy - recent split with Macon Co and win over York puts them here - can win out for 2 seed in district tournament

Teams to watch: Alcoa, Macon Co, Scotts Hill, York Institute

NOTE: Nashville Metro Schools have started playing basketball in the last week.  East Nashville and Maplewood should be good and have a shot at the state tournament

2 hours ago, maddams said:

My updated Top 10 

1. Upperman - they're in the discussion for best team in the state in all classes

2. Jackson South Side - will be undefeated when they meet Westview in the region tourney

3. Northview Academy - solid recent wins over N Greene, Alcoa and Gatlinburg

4. Grainger - have a good game scheduled against Alcoa tonight

5. Westview - assuming PG is healthy, they are tough 

6. Meigs Co - may be ranked too high; I think they're good but only good win was at McMinn Central

7. Westmoreland - one of the better defensive teams I've watched

8. Covington - should cruise to a sub-state game 

9. Creek Wood - can shoot it, play in a weak district

10. Livingston Academy - recent split with Macon Co and win over York puts them here - can win out for 2 seed in district tournament

Teams to watch: Alcoa, Macon Co, Scotts Hill, York Institute

NOTE: Nashville Metro Schools have started playing basketball in the last week.  East Nashville and Maplewood should be good and have a shot at the state tournament

Nice list again! I have only seen #2 South Side! They can play with anyone in the state when fully healthy! Look out for them! Scott’s Hill will challenge us in district! Chester will be a problem come district time! Region will be tough by playing Dyersburg, Westview, South Gibson! 

#5 Westview goes as Jada Harrison goes! Best sophomore in the state! She will be back in a week or 2, so they will be ok. Fayette-Ware will challenge them a little. Region will be tough with challenges from South Gibson, Dyersburg, South Side! 

#8 Covington will definitely cruise to Sub-State to face either #2 South Side or #5 Westview! They have a very point guard & a few post that can ball! 

look out for Dyersburg in 13AA & Fayette Ware in 15AA 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Nice list again! I have only seen #2 South Side! They can play with anyone in the state when fully healthy! Look out for them! Scott’s Hill will challenge us in district! Chester will be a problem come district time! Region will be tough by playing Dyersburg, Westview, South Gibson! 

Tell me about Scotts Hill.  They played your South Side girls closer than anyone else has this season.  Is Scotts Hill a threat to Westview in the region tournament?

39 minutes ago, maddams said:

Tell me about Scotts Hill.  They played your South Side girls closer than anyone else has this season.  Is Scotts Hill a threat to Westview in the region tournament?

They can be dangerous! They can also not be that good as well! Depending on what team shows up! Their guards not speculator, but definitely don’t make many turnovers. They can shoot the cover off the ball! Their whole team can shoot it! They probably have my favorite player in West Tn in Blaize Deere is no joke! They always play us hard! They are clicking at the right time, so could potentially be a threat to any team giving the right situation 

Edited by HawkGuy06
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 2:18 PM, HawkGuy06 said:

They can be dangerous! They can also not be that good as well! Depending on what team shows up! Their guards not speculator, but definitely don’t make many turnovers. They can shoot the cover off the ball! Their whole team can shoot it! They probably have my favorite player in West Tn in Blaize Deere is no joke! They always play us hard! They are clicking at the right time, so could potentially be a threat to any team giving the right situation 

Noticed you guys just smoked McNairy. McNairy is usually competitive. You guys are mad aren’t you. Y’all are playing well. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Noticed you guys just smoked McNairy. McNairy is usually competitive. You guys are mad aren’t you. Y’all are playing well. 

Their guard play is not good at all! Out of 21 points they had scored about 10 on free throws! The first half it 7 fouls to our 3. It got ugly from there, it was their homecoming. We went on a run out of this world lol it’s tournament time, so we must send a message to everyone! After Tuesday nobody will see any mercy! The girls are hungry! Tuesday we travel to north side, no starter will play. Last time we played them we played our freshman & sophomore team & won 84- to like 20. It is crunch time! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

5 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Their guard play is not good at all! Out of 21 points they had scored about 10 on free throws! The first half it 7 fouls to our 3. It got ugly from there, it was their homecoming. We went on a run out of this world lol it’s tournament time, so we must send a message to everyone! After Tuesday nobody will see any mercy! The girls are hungry! Tuesday we travel to north side, no starter will play. Last time we played them we played our freshman & sophomore team & won 84- to like 20. It is crunch time! 

McNairy definitely down this year. But the whole district is down except South Side. Probably the weakest I’ve seen this district since I been following it. Imo don’t see it being any better next year. But y’all have a dynamic team. Gonna make some noise in the boro for sure.