Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

2 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

South Gibson can play fast, but won't, at least not consistently. They have some kids that can score in the post, but would rather play outside. 

They will have problems with Westview’s post for sure. They will have problems scoring. Will be lucky to score 40 points against Westview and that is probably being nice.

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They will have problems with Westview’s post for sure. They will have problems scoring. Will be lucky to score 40 points against Westview and that is probably being nice.

They need to make it a low scoring game or pray they shoot the lights out. Last meeting was low scoring. South Gibson half court pressed and it messed with Westview early. Then when Harrison got hurt in the 2nd half, that obviously rattled the rest of Westview's kids. South Gibson was able to score pretty well in the 1st half against them, but Westview adjusted in 2nd half and shut them down. South Gibson isn't going to throw anything new at them. I think Westview will be prepared and win big. 

4 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

They need to make it a low scoring game or pray they shoot the lights out. Last meeting was low scoring. South Gibson half court pressed and it messed with Westview early. Then when Harrison got hurt in the 2nd half, that obviously rattled the rest of Westview's kids. South Gibson was able to score pretty well in the 1st half against them, but Westview adjusted in 2nd half and shut them down. South Gibson isn't going to throw anything new at them. I think Westview will be prepared and win big. 

Westview is a different team every year come tournament time. They have been there done that. 

2 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I agree with you. Central is playing Meigs closer every game they play them.  Both teams know losing the region championship will spell doom in substate.  Hosting substate won't be an easy game for either team either.

Beating a team 3 to 4 times is hard, plus Central has one of the best coaches in the state. Central and Meigs will stay in 2A next year.

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

I noticed Signal beat Brainerd in both games during the season, but lost to Brainerd in the district championship game. Signal's overall record is impressive on the surface, but when you look at who they played it's not that impressive.  At least Meigs and Central have played some quality out of conference opponents, which makes up for their weaker district schedule.  I'd be shocked if it's not Meigs and Central in the region championship game, but neither team can afford to have a terrible game in the preliminary region games.
All the games will be played at the higher seeded teams' gym.  Not sure what will happen if the #1 seeded teams from both districts play in the championship game,  but I think Dadof2 said it was district 5's turn to host the region.

I think the 3 best players from Red Bank transferred to Brainerd and are able to play now. That’s what I was told.

23 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County and Westview have played every year the last five years or so and twice in 2019. Don’t know why they didn’t play this year. Get the popcorn ready because starting next year they are in the same District and could possibly play four times a year.

Sorry. I guess I have always been on the road and miss it. I remember them playing once at Westview when Loretto played Greenfield, but that was like a classic or tournament, not a home and home.

4 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Sorry. I guess I have always been on the road and miss it. I remember them playing once at Westview when Loretto played Greenfield, but that was like a classic or tournament, not a home and home.

In 2019 we played them twice. At our place and in the championship of the Christmas Tournament in Martin. 

20 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

No surprises with what happened last night in the championship game. Both teams played terrible in 1st quarter. Westview finally got out of their funk about six minutes in. South Gibson never did. Westview came out in a 2-3, which is what worked in the 2nd half of the regular season meeting. SGC shouldn't have been surprised that is what they came out in, but they never did anything to counter it. Not going to win championships in high school if you can only score 20 points...

• Like 1