Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

7 hours ago, bigstick12 said:

Macon has set a new school record for 37 straight wins and rolling. All jokes aside upperman can beat them it just depends on who makes the fewest mistakes player wise and coach wise. Lots of decisions have to be made when these two play and it all comes down to who makes the best one at the right time. Macon has done this the best the last 6 or 7 games but that does not mean they will this go around. Either way it will be two great teams going at it.

It’s a great rivalry.  I have travelled to both schools to watch this game over the last couple years.  Macon county has definitely had their number after Levy but this year I think Upperman is the better team.  But I don’t think Upperman can win in Macon County!  And MC definitely wins the student section battle!  :grin:

Macon has been a solid program the last few years. What was it they broke Upperman's 20 or 30 game win streak. So yes they did win all the game Levy was there but they won a ton before Levy. Macon won 5 of the last 6 or something like that. I agree I think Upperman is the better team this year but the better team doesn't always win.

20 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

It’s a great rivalry.  I have travelled to both schools to watch this game over the last couple years.  Macon county has definitely had their number after Levy but this year I think Upperman is the better team.  But I don’t think Upperman can win in Macon County!  And MC definitely wins the student section battle!  :grin:

I will agree it could go either way.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Macon plays Cookeville today.   Not real excited about the way we are playing offensively. Could be an ugly game for us.  Both teams are really good defensively but we live and die by the 3.  Hopefully we will come to play today.  

Well we came to play today.  Cavs lead by 6-7 at the end of each of the first 3 quarters.  MC took first lead with 1:00 min left in game and made FTs hold on and win game after some very generous calls from the officials.  Gregory is the real deal.  VERY good player!  But Cookeville missed too many easy shots to get the win. And MC is too good to miss layups and easy shots in final minutes.  Lady Cavs are continuing to improve.  Gonna be very dangerous during tourney time.  With their defense they can compete with anyone.  

19 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Well we came to play today.  Cavs lead by 6-7 at the end of each of the first 3 quarters.  MC took first lead with 1:00 min left in game and made FTs hold on and win game after some very generous calls from the officials.  Gregory is the real deal.  VERY good player!  But Cookeville missed too many easy shots to get the win. And MC is too good to miss layups and easy shots in final minutes.  Lady Cavs are continuing to improve.  Gonna be very dangerous during tourney time.  With their defense they can compete with anyone.  

Macon County improves to 8-0 on the season and captures a school record 39th straight win! The Tigerettes fought back from an 11 point second half deficit despite some very generous calls from the officials. It was an uncharacteristically slow game in Macon style with above average errors, however, they defeated Cookeville 56-53.

Edited by Northerner

• 2 weeks later...