Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

1 minute ago, logcabinman said:

They have found points.  We needed about 12 points per game more last year, and I feel we have found about 20 more.  This could be the difference for this team being a strong contender this crazy season.

Central should be a strong contender for the district and region this year. As it has been the past several years though, the true test will be sub-state action.  Assuming Meigs and Central plays for the region championship, it will be important for either one of them to win it to host sub-state, though that hasn't guaranteed a victory in many years for either team.
Your daughter played well last night. She's pretty tough under the goal.

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

Good grief, what was Coach Powell thinking?!?!? That's a gauntlet of big school teams that will most likely play in Murfreesboro.

I hear that we were struggling to find teams to play this year, so he had to schedule some bigger schools. It will definitely be tough especially not having much depth.

2 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Is Macon the team favored to win the district and region again this year? What other teams from that region will be contenders?

Last year Macon was the best team i saw play in the entire state. I saw Stone and Bradley Central play a couple of times last year too. It wasn't even close really. Of course that was last year. 

7 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Is Macon the team favored to win the district and region again this year? What other teams from that region will be contenders?

Upperman will be the favorite in that district and region.  IMO Macon has the best player in Gregory but Hurst is a close second.  Upperman just has more talent this year.  The Hurst/Crouch combo will be hard to defend for any team.  Especially with Brooks knocking down shots.  But I expect York will surprise some people in 8AA.  

On 11/21/2020 at 12:02 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

Upperman will be the favorite in that district and region.  IMO Macon has the best player in Gregory but Hurst is a close second.  Upperman just has more talent this year.  The Hurst/Crouch combo will be hard to defend for any team.  Especially with Brooks knocking down shots.  But I expect York will surprise some people in 8AA.  

Thanks for the information.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:44 PM, 85warrior said:

Last year Macon was the best team i saw play in the entire state. I saw Stone and Bradley Central play a couple of times last year too. It wasn't even close really. Of course that was last year. 

You surely don't think Macon could have played with Bradley? That would be RIDICULOUS!!!!!

48 minutes ago, AAFEVER said:

You surely don't think Macon could have played with Bradley? That would be RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Absolutely! Bradley beat the teams in our District by 11(Cookeville), 7(Rhea), and 9(Stone Memorial). I figure Bradley was also about 10 points better than us(White County). Macon took it easy on us us beating us by 30 to 40 points. Macon was 10+ points better than Bradley last year. Unfortunately there's no way to prove it, but i know what i watched in person last year.