COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

1 hour ago, Fballfan1978 said:

T$$AA still deciding if they want to pimp kids in order to get there money for the year. just cancel Kids/family lives are more important than 10-15 weeks of exposure.

What if I told you that we are slightly below the total death cases in US compared to last year? That’s the case btw. 

NCAA has opened a path to College Football. In many ways High School Football can do the same. High football School season does begin earlier than NCAA, in Tennessee. 

Surely we can find a safe and secure way to have High School Football in Tennessee.

NCAA

Many sports require close, personal contact and require specially crafted guidelines.  Among the recommendations put forth:

Daily self-health checks.
The appropriate use of face coverings and social distancing during training, competition and outside of athletics.
Testing strategies for all athletics activities, including pre-season, regular season and post-season.
Testing and results within 72 hours of competition in high contact risk sports.

Member schools must adhere to public health standards set by their local communities.  

Link to article: 

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/ncaa-issues-next-set-return-sport-guidelines

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Ah yes, let's pretend like we're trying to choose between chocolate and sh*t-flavored ice cream...

Salem, whether you agree or not, both sides are trying to gather information and make the most "appropriate" decision. I get that you completely disagree with the shutdown option (I don't agree with it either), but some think it's the best way to stop this runaway COVID train. The reality is no one knows for sure what effect that would have. 

I just think most rational people are somewhere in the middle. A lot of folks are conflicted, myself included, because we still don't entirely understand what we're dealing with.

I’m all for rational posts but I’m not reading rational posts or people trying to gather information. I’m reading hysterical there’s no way we can play posts. We need to shut Sports down like VA or CA. We’re going to kill kids by playing football this fall.  We have to test every player/coach. The same whiners clamoring for another lockdown or mandatory mask ordinances.

• CoachT locked this topic