COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I'm happy with how they looked. Sloppy, timing off, thinking before playing... everything you'd expect from this type of game speed "practice". There was also flashes of some stout play when everything becomes second nature. Worst thing was an injury, but he's a tough kid and will be back by mid season. Coach Woodmore and his staff are steadily rebuilding our roster, as we dressed about 50 and had four or five out with minor stuff. It's uplifting to talk with the kids and hear over and over how great the coaches are, how much they believe in them, and to see most of the athletes from other sports turning out to play football again.  We've actually got some depth on the lines and good athletes at the skill positions who are sophomores and freshmen too, and some of them show a high ceiling for potential with a couple of speedsters and a couple of monster sized (6'2"/6'4"-300+) linemen. All in all it was a great night... had some good eats, watched some football, and wandered around the field (it looked amazing) talking football for over an hour after it was over with some great people. Life was almost back to normal for one night, and I really needed that!

Glad you had a good time and hope we get through it. I have heard through the grapevine that 1 positive gets a 14 day quarantine for a team. Is that correct?

Sometimes people referring to Hawaii , call it paradise.We brought up Hawaii and covid the other day.I know there is probably a good explanation but  I noticed something today on the CDC map.Last week Hawaii had over Four thousand total cases and 40 deaths to that date .Today they have had over Five thousand total cases and report a total of 39 deaths with zero added.  Maybe Hawaii is paradise after all , unless your Captain Cook.

All students at Smyrna Elementary School will transition to distance learning through Sept. 1 after about 53 students and eight teachers were placed on precautionary quarantine, the school district announced Tuesday. 

In a message to parents, Rutherford County Schools Communication Director James Evans said the students and teachers are either showing potential COVID-19 symptoms or they are a close contact of someone who is showing symptoms. 

--------------------------------------------

I'm as much of an Uncle Rico as the rest of the posters here... but they need to postpone football.

I'll miss football this fall, but understand if it is postponed.  Let's all be the grown-ups in the room for once.

22 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

All students at Smyrna Elementary School will transition to distance learning through Sept. 1 after about 53 students and eight teachers were placed on precautionary quarantine, the school district announced Tuesday. 

In a message to parents, Rutherford County Schools Communication Director James Evans said the students and teachers are either showing potential COVID-19 symptoms or they are a close contact of someone who is showing symptoms. 

I'm as much of an Uncle Rico as the rest of the posters here... but they need to postpone football.

I'll miss football this fall, but understand if it is postponed.  Let's all be the grown-ups in the room for once.

The flu is hard on kids and teachers. Can’t stay home and hide. Fear not. Precautionary quarantine. If 1 person gets it everybody quarantines. No reason to quit.

Edited by pioneer42

As I've said before.I don't envy the people who have to make the calls to shut down schools or sports programs. Your going to be like our president after every election year , just as soon as he or she takes office.About half the people will hate whatever you do 99% of the time.Man,I really want to see some football this year. I really also want to see everything back to the old normal .That way we can just worry about all the other 10,000 things that can either screw up a good day or make it a totally awesome day..

7 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Phixed it for you grizz. 

Worry about your kids if you even have any. Let the rest of us worry about ours. Thx. 

That's how I read it as well. 

Very strange the mandatory county wide mask mandate and the K-12 school mask mandate for every student, employee, and visitor in Rutherford County didn't prevent this. 

Edited by Salem
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

That's how I read it as well. 

Very strange the mandatory county wide mask mandate and the K-12 school mask mandate for every student, employee, and visitor in Rutherford County didn't prevent this. 

I know.  Its almost like it don't help anything at all... At least it's good and uncomfortable though. :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

As I've said before.I don't envy the people who have to make the calls to shut down schools or sports programs. Your going to be like our president after every election year , just as soon as he or she takes office.About half the people will hate whatever you do 99% of the time.Man,I really want to see some football this year. I really also want to see everything back to the old normal .That way we can just worry about all the other 10,000 things that can either screw up a good day or make it a totally awesome day..

I envy the heck out of them. 

Real leaders dont give a darn who they offend. They do what is right. That's how they become leaders. When they start trying to appease it's time for them to go. 

54 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Wonder how many are sick and wonder how many are on the "contact tracing chain"? This is happening all over the state, so it's becoming commonplace to basically send everyone home who may have had contact with the sick person. Also, what is the point of masks and distancing at school if we are contact tracing those that wore masks and distanced at school?? Precautionary quarantines are insane! Let the sick who have tested positive (preferably twice since we are having all these false positive tests) quarantine themselves. Everyone else go on safely with life. If someone else has symptoms and ends up testing positive, then they should do the same. No reason to shut things down out of fear, although it seems we have agendas at play all over the place. Oh yeah, how have the mask mandates been working out??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swarm said:

I envy the heck out of them. 

Real leaders dont give a darn who they offend. They do what is right. That's how they become leaders. When they start trying to appease it's time for them to go. 

That doing what is right part has been the problem with a lot of  folks that were supposed to be our  leaders. Not trying to pick on either party because both have had some good ones and both have had some lemons.

2 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

That doing what is right part has been the problem with a lot of  folks that were supposed to be our  leaders. Not trying to pick on either party because both have had some good ones and both have had some lemons.

Yeah I don't really care about party. They're pretty much all crooked. It's about being scientifically insignificant and sound, non-political judgement. The results are in. This is a hoax. 

Let's all continue on with our lives now. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic