COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

I don’t believe much of what “they” know about the kids. A huge % of the kids were sent home in March without church, little league, birthday parties, etc. If schools do open in August, “they” will have a more realistic data set and assumptions by Thanksgiving for sure.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Outside of DJ and maybe PatsNation, has anyone on this thread (or the previous one) tried to argue that this is about protecting the kids? We aren't trying to protect the kids, and those statistics are crystal clear. But we are trying to prevent the kids from being the uber-germ carriers/spreaders that they are every single school year. At least until we have definitive proof that asymptomatic individuals aren't capable of spreading the virus.

We're ultimately trying to find a way to protect everyone else.

You can add this one to the mix. 

2 minutes ago, strongx said:

I don’t believe much of what “they” know about the kids. A huge % of the kids were sent home in March without church, little league, birthday parties, etc. If schools do open in August, “they” will have a more realistic data set and assumptions by Thanksgiving for sure.

From High School Football America. com, here is what happened today:

Florida delays start of practice until August 24

Nevada moves football to spring

Maine delay first contest until September 18

Oregon postpones start of football indefinitely

Washington state moves football to spring

Wisconsin moves start of practice to September 7

As of today the kids cant have contact practices for at least 5 weeks.  Alot can happen and probably will to affect that..  We start school here in jefferson county in 2 weeks. We still get updates on our reopening process weekly.  If cases keep climbing I'm sure that will affect schools opening.  I guess the wait and see process is getting closer. 

12 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

Okay it’s getting worse each day. How on earth can we play football when doctors are saying it’s not safe. Having stadiums feel up when we should be social distancing and players tackling each other. It sounds to me they are okay putting kids at risk and there families and everyone attending games. They canceled spring sports when it was not this bad but now they want to play football. I really hate that we might not have football but they need to do what’s best to help stop the spread of this virus. Move to spring.

Reading your posts is like that movie “Groundhog Day”. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic