COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

Fart = methanthiol molecule (0.4 nanometers)

Covid-19 = virus (60-140 nanometers)

Respiratory droplets = cough (1000 nanometers or sneeze 100,000 nanometers)

Think of it in this manner.  If you are not wearing pants and you are sitting close to me and you have diarrhea not only can I smell it but I know have diarrhea on me! And in what is an even weirder or worst case scenario if I dont have pants on I have zero protection from your diarrhea!

But if you have diarrhea and are sitting close to me but you have on pants I can still smell the diarrhea but I dont have to worry about it getting on me.

Now use that rather unseemly analogy and replace diarrhea with respiratory droplets and covid 19 virus and replace pants with mask.

Edited by Joyful95

19 minutes ago, Joyful95 said:

Think of it in this manner.  If you are not wearing pants and you are sitting close to me and you have diarrhea not only can I smell it but I know have diarrhea on me!

But if you have diarrhea and are sitting close to me but you have on pants I can still smell the diarrhea but I dont have to worry about it getting on me.

Now use that rather unseemly analogy and replace diarrhea with respiratory droplets and covid 19 virus and replace pants with mask.

Thank you for the unseemly analogy.  So could you say that both of them can be breathed thru a cloth msk, but the wet gas that you smell is harmeless but the wet droplet of the v that you don’t smell is harmful?  If your into research there are some good articles regarding testing on wearing c.msk from 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and recently April 2020. If you decide to look at all them please let us know your thoughts.  You seemed to be very intelligent.  Again thank you for the info, much appreciated :thumb:

Have a wonderful week.

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 1

Haha my wife would disagree with anyone thinking I was anything  close to intelligent!

I would say that, if I understand you correctly, that the the small "smell molecule" is harmless but the larger virus/respiratory droplet is harmful. The  cloth mask is not perfect by any means but is still more effective at stopping the respiratory droplets than no mask.

And thank-you for for sharing your info on mask studies. It is nice when people can discuss these issues in a reasonable and noncombative manner.

Stay safe and have a great week!

1 hour ago, Joyful95 said:

Think of it in this manner.  If you are not wearing pants and you are sitting close to me and you have diarrhea not only can I smell it but I know have diarrhea on me! And in what is an even weirder or worst case scenario if I dont have pants on I have zero protection from your diarrhea!

Mine are Neutron Farts =  Kills all the people but leaves the buildings still standing.

17 minutes ago, ecu said:

MLB is getting ready to cause the cancellation of football at all levels! The NBA shut down all spring sports so look for same in fall.

That would be a crying shame! This crazy fear and panic starts a snowball that rolls downhill at times (just read the crazy posts on here!) but I’m hoping calmer heads prevail this time around and they don’t make wild irrational decisions that negatively affect so many people. I will say that solid leadership in this country at all levels is truly failing us, and it’s sickening and very sad!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I think it's one thing if a 30-something year old "healthy" teacher is being asked to do this, but what about a 60-year old teacher with COPD and diabetes? At this point, the risk associated with COVID is pretty well known for people of a certain age/health. There are a LOT of businesses (mine included) that are looking at their employees on a case-by-case basis, especially when an alternative work location can be provided for "high risk" employees. And with ~30% of the KCS student body opting for online learning only this year, there is absolutely an alternative, if KCS chooses to utilize it.

I see what you are getting at, but considering everything that has happened over the past 4-5 months, how can we possibly classify this just like "any/every other situation?" I just think it is dicey to say that these are "normal" circumstances when there is nothing normal about the various measures we are implementing to mitigate the spread of COVID. This is a right-to-work state, so I get that comes into play. And I do agree that teachers are susceptible to any communicable disease that enters the classroom, so there is natural inherent risk in play for them every single school day. That said, we've not seen our lives altered to this degree by a communicable disease since the spanish flu (maybe the polio epidemic in the 40s/early 50s).

I just don't think this is as cut and dried as you've made it out to be.

Morally and practically everyone's situation is different... legally, not so much. You made the Connotation that teachers would file lawsuits against "the taxpayers..." (school system) and would be paid (win). There is no liability without negligence, therefore unless blatant disregard for the well being of the employees can be proven, there's no grounds. On the other hand, exempt a 60 year old employee with COPD and diabetes, yet "ask" a 30-something year old "healthy" teacher to do it, and you'll get your lawsuit from the 30- something teacher. As long as reasonable precautions are taken (Governor's directives, Dept. of Health suggestions), school systems are not liable for negligence.

2 hours ago, Joyful95 said:

Haha my wife would disagree with anyone thinking I was anything  close to intelligent!

I would say that, if I understand you correctly, that the the small "smell molecule" is harmless but the larger virus/respiratory droplet is harmful. The  cloth mask is not perfect by any means but is still more effective at stopping the respiratory droplets than no mask.

And thank-you for for sharing your info on mask studies. It is nice when people can discuss these issues in a reasonable and noncombative manner.

Stay safe and have a great week!

What if the 5 different studies/test from 2015,16,17,18,19 & April 2020 showed wearing clothMsk put the individual wearing it at more risk/more susceptible of getting a large particle non smelling v, would it then still  be better to wear than nothing, plus if the individual wearing it is more at risk, then what about those that have been around that individual??  

Does clothmsk possibly jeopardize oxygen levels or breathing or cause the mask to become moist from your breath and attract more particles??

What does OSHA.gov say about wearing  respiratory msk and oxygen below 19.5% of the recommended level??

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thank You 

57 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

On the other hand, exempt a 60 year old employee with COPD and diabetes, yet "ask" a 30-something year old "healthy" teacher to do it, and you'll get your lawsuit from the 30- something teacher. As long as reasonable precautions are taken (Governor's directives, Dept. of Health suggestions), school systems are not liable for negligence.

I'm certainly no law expert, but if that's true, my employer is going to have a sh%t-load of lawsuits. Same for a lot of other businesses who can provide an alternative work option for high risk employees.

12 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

What if the 5 different studies/test from 2015,16,17,18,19 & April 2020 showed wearing clothMsk put the individual wearing it at more risk/more susceptible of getting a large particle non smelling v, would it then still  be better to wear than nothing, plus if the individual wearing it is more at risk, then what about those that have been around that individual??  

Does clothmsk possibly jeopardize oxygen levels or breathing or cause the mask to become moist from your breath and attract more particles??

What does OSHA.gov say about wearing  respiratory msk and oxygen below 19.5% of the recommended level??

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thank You 

I would advise you go back and read the 50 pages of mask discussion on various threads over the last month. WE have all beaten that dead horse to a pulp. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

• CoachT locked this topic