MY NEW COVID-19 FOOTBALL PROPOSAL

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Teams could practice throughout July and August in shorts and t-shirts and helmets.  7 vs 7 could be played for two months.  

9/4:  Preseason Week 1

9/11:  Preseason Week 2

9/18:  Week 1

9/25:  Week 2

10/2:  Week 3

10/9:  Week 4

10/16:  Week 5

10/23:  Week 6

10/30:  Week 7

11/6:  Week 8

11/13:  Week 9

11/20:  Week 10

11/27:  Week 11 (end the regular season the weekend of Thanksgiving)

12/4:  First Round

12/11:  Second Round

12/18:  Quarterfinals

12/26:  Semifinals (on a Saturday night)

12/31, 1/1, 1/2:  State Championship Weekend

I think we have the same concept regarding to making sure we can get the whole schedule in. However, Having the semifinals and the state championship games being played the day after Christmas, and on New Years Eve/Day, would be a stretch for schools to go in. I wouldn't mind finding a way to play the playoffs in January, and give teams a little 2-3 week break during the holidays. Unfortunately, someone isn't going to be happy regardless of what proposal comes out. 

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I think we have the same concept regarding to making sure we can get the whole schedule in. However, Having the semifinals and the state championship games being played the day after Christmas, and on New Years Eve/Day, would be a stretch for schools to go in. I wouldn't mind finding a way to play the playoffs in January, and give teams a little 2-3 week break during the holidays. Unfortunately, someone isn't going to be happy regardless of what proposal comes out. 

Just drop the first 2 rounds. Useless games anyway

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

So your saying just take the winner out of every region and have a playoff.  Sounds good to me.

the proposal that is now being voted on is an 8 game schedule with only the top two teams out of each region going to the playoffs  OR  flip flop spring and fall OR hybrid plan in which basketball goes December to Feb,  Fall sports Feb- April and spring sports April-June

17 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

the proposal that is now being voted on is an 8 game schedule with only the top two teams out of each region going to the playoffs  OR  flip flop spring and fall OR hybrid plan in which basketball goes December to Feb,  Fall sports Feb- April and spring sports April-June

Only option I think is 8 game season but that will not happen because I don’t see it getting any better for any sports this fall or winter

Edited by Djohnson

Taking top seeds...

I kind of like it as well and for the most part it would not have mattered in 2A this past year had it been done that way here's how it fell with 5 playoffs games for the quarter finals.

Region 2_#2.   Vs.    Region 2_#1
      Oneida       Vs.    Meigs Co.

Region 4_#2.   Vs.    Region 4_#1
Trousdale.       Vs.    Watertown

Region 6_#3.   Vs.    Region 5_#1
Riverside.         Vs.    Forrest

Region 8 _#1.   Vs.    Region 7_#1
Fairley.               Vs.    Peabody

Region 1_#1.   Vs.    Region 2_#1
      Hampton      Vs.    Meigs Co.

Region 5_#1.   Vs.    Region 4_#1
Tyner.               Vs.    Watertown

Region 6_#1.   Vs.    Region 5_#1
Waverly  .         Vs.    Forrest

Region 8 _#1.   Vs.    Region 7_#1
Fairley.               Vs.    Peabody

Playoffs would have looked much different. As Trousdale would not have made qtrs and neither would Riverside, and Oneida. Point being those region games if only one team goes means everything. Even if it was first and second seeded teams Riverside would not have made qtrs considering they were 3rd seed. Just a glance at how it would have looked if only #1 seeds went.

Edited by Imthayeti

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Contact realistically in about all sports. Soccer, trying to take a dribbling defenders ball from them, Baseball trying to tag someone out, Basketball is about as hands on as Football with all the guarding and plays setup you will brush someone nearly every 3 seconds. With their current setup not one sport realistically can be played if they go what rules they implemented. 

Maybe golf... 

Soccer is included.

55 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

I know this is going to sound weird, but there's no reason why basketball is like 4 months long. Basketball could defiantly play 3 games a week (Tuesday, Thursday,Saturday) or have a back to back on Monday/Tuesday, or Thursday/Friday). Also the playoffs are ridiculous, too, due to the fact that you can lose a championship game, and still advance. 

6 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I know this is going to sound weird, but there's no reason why basketball is like 4 months long. Basketball could defiantly play 3 games a week (Tuesday, Thursday,Saturday) or have a back to back on Monday/Tuesday, or Thursday/Friday). Also the playoffs are ridiculous, too, due to the fact that you can lose a championship game, and still advance. 

I'm not proposing this.  This is what the options are for coaches to vote on to be presented tomorrow