TSSAA meeting live today at 1:00 PM (Central)

1 minute ago, District12AA said:

This financially is a huge hit to schools as many will lose rivalry non-region games. With limited attendance already, teams need to make as much money at the gate as possible. 

I'm afraid it's just going to be one of those crazy random years where money is lost and they will all have to deal with it. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

The TSSAA has a plan now.  The pressure now rest solely of the governor and his staff to decide if and when football starts. 

If the governor eventually says yes then the pressure moves to the individual school directors and school boards 

Edited by Joyful95

16 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

How was that a waste of time?? I'm far from the TSSAA's biggest fan, but the Hybrid/Option 2 decision is perfectly acceptable. It's sensible and keeps chaos from ensuing too much with scheduling.

Well that was posted after the first part of the meeting which was useless,we are already there.The second part of the meeting was fine but from what I'm hearing I just dont see us playing call it negative if you want but it's like the world is against us here in Tenn and the Gov will listen to those 2000 Drs!I want football as bad as anyone anyone who knows me knows that. Prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

Edited by orngnblk

5 minutes ago, Joyful95 said:

The TSSAA has a plan now.  The pressure now rest solely of the governor and his staff to decide if and when football starts. 

If the governor eventually says yes then the pressure moves to the individual school directors and school boards 

If the governor lift the Bans i feel confident the schools will move forward with ball.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Well that was posted after the first part of the meeting which was useless,we are already there.The second part of the meeting was fine but from what I'm hearing I just dont see us playing call it negative if you want but it's like the world is against us here in Tenn and the Gov will listen to those 2000 Drs!I want football as bad as anyone anyone who knows me knows that. Prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

I knew where you were coming from.  

14 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

2 works fine,but 3 would have been sufficient.Less opportunity for injury or a positive test.8 playoff games against the best teams would have been intense!

Being completely honest, I like it because who's to say a team doesn't lose a region game that's played week one or week 2 that wouldn't have demolished them in week 8. It will make up somewhat for the no scrimmages and Jamborees we wont have. Let's face it this past year if Loudon had been a region team for Greenback you wouldn't have made the playoffs in option 3. Almost the same deal for us last year in our Sweetwater game. We won, but just a much closer game  than it would have been mid season for example. I feel you all would have matched up well with Loudon midseason last year. Sometimes kinks in a team aren't always weeded out in game one of the season. At least that's how I felt about my team and even yours. Just my opinion old friend. Our game together was a great one last year. But game one for both of us helped prepare for it.

Edited by Imthayeti

11 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Absolutely.

20 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Idk. It's always a possibility that there will not be a season even started I guess. A lot of questions still to be answered. My biggest concern is if there is a season and a player does test positive on a very successful team will that coach try to suppress that in order to continue the season and put countless others in jeopardy. 

The discussion now is concerns of enrollment numbers being skewed.  Purposely being skewed?  If some will purposely skew enrollment numbers for a better classification then your concern of some suppressing positive virus tests are legitimate.  

• Upvote 1