TSSAA meeting live today at 1:00 PM (Central)

2 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

He was pushing option 3 to start with. Not sure if that was a diversion for the hybrid plan or what. The option 2/hybrid was already the plan they were going with before today's meeting I believe.

I can live with it and with the guidelines and regulations.   I'm hoping and praying these kids have a season.  I can do my part.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I can live with it and with the guidelines and regulations.   I'm hoping and praying these kids have a season.  I can do my part.  

I am hopeful as well. I have done my part since day one (even when people were calling it a flu and a hoax.) I have my doubts that we will see a full football season though.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I am hopeful as well. I have done my part since day one (even when people were calling it a flu and a hoax.) I have my doubts that we will see a full football season though.

I have talked to two different director of schools and they both said there ain't gonna be football this fall.  I'm afraid this is the TSSAA stringing everyone along again.  My one question is what is the drop dead date?  If we get to September and the order is extended then what?

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

How was that a waste of time?? I'm far from the TSSAA's biggest fan, but the Hybrid/Option 2 decision is perfectly acceptable. It's sensible and keeps chaos from ensuing too much with scheduling.

This financially is a huge hit to schools as many will lose rivalry non-region games. With limited attendance already, teams need to make as much money at the gate as possible. 

4 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

I have talked to two different director of schools and they both said there ain't gonna be football this fall.  I'm afraid this is the TSSAA stringing everyone along again.  My one question is what is the drop dead date?  If we get to September and the order is extended then what?

If, if, if...let's be patient and see what happens. I doubt we'll get to September and have no football. If so, then it all could get wiped out at the point. Who knows? Why think negatively? Let's go with positivity. It's much better for the soul.

9 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

Idk. It's always a possibility that there will not be a season even started I guess. A lot of questions still to be answered. My biggest concern is if there is a season and a player does test positive on a very successful team will that coach try to suppress that in order to continue the season and put countless others in jeopardy.