TSSAA meeting live today at 1:00 PM (Central)

19 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Sometimes it seems tough to do, until we remember... it's ALL about the kids first, me watching is second.

I agree. But I will say this. Our fans are very passionate even more so in girls basketball.  The biggest relief I had when I left Murphy Center the night they cancelled the tournament was the fact that we all had to leave. TSSAA had already sent us a sign in sheet and only a certain amount was getting to go the rest of the tournament. We were going to have to tell fans that they weren’t going to get to go. It was unbelievable the tears in the stands and pure sadness. It upset me very bad that we were going to have to do that and it was a relief when they told us all we had to leave.

39 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Sometimes it seems tough to do, until we remember... it's ALL about the kids first, me watching is second.

We only have 5 region games! How will we be able to get to the 8 game mark? Can we schedule some of our already out of region opponents to make up for them? I haven’t been able to keep up well enough to know! 

9 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. But I will say this. Our fans are very passionate even more so in girls basketball.  The biggest relief I had when I left Murphy Center the night they cancelled the tournament was the fact that we all had to leave. TSSAA had already sent us a sign in sheet and only a certain amount was getting to go the rest of the tournament. We were going to have to tell fans that they weren’t going to get to go. It was unbelievable the tears in the stands and pure sadness. It upset me very bad that we were going to have to do that and it was a relief when they told us all we had to leave.

I understand, but it's not about us as fans. I'd rather them play and not get to see it live, or miss every other game, than them not play at all. Every stadium and every situation is different too... the largest stadium in our county holds a finite amount of fans, and is pretty much inaccessible to more. The other stadium in our county is in a wide open space, with opportunities for many more than seating capacity to see at least some of the action from a distance.

6 minutes ago, utvol2 said:

We only have 5 region games! How will we be able to get to the 8 game mark? Can we schedule some of our already out of region opponents to make up for them? I haven’t been able to keep up well enough to know! 

Not completely sure utvol2, but it looks like TSSAA left it pretty much wide open to the teams to scramble for games... I'd say that you guys would have an inside track to put us on your schedule if we need games also;).

14 minutes ago, Greatdefender said:

Medically speaking you cannot have kids playing football wearing masks.  Wearing a mask playing in hot weather at full speed is putting extreme pressure on the lungs and heart.  That's just ludicrous.  Are they not listening to medical professionals?  

Players will not be wearing masks. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I understand, but it's not about us as fans. I'd rather them play and not get to see it live, or miss every other game, than them not play at all. Every stadium and every situation is different too... the largest stadium in our county holds a finite amount of fans, and is pretty much inaccessible to more. The other stadium in our county is in a wide open space, with opportunities for many more than seating capacity to see at least some of the action from a distance.

Yes and no. The kids just want to play but even though you’re playing in a sparsely attended scrimmage it isn’t the same thing as playing in front of the entire town with a rowdy student section. It’s better than nothing but that shouldn’t be our only two choices - this revenue losing, program killing plan or nothing. 

• Like 1

A few questions, please clarify. 

1. If the Governor removes his restrictions by Aug 3rd then we play the regular schedule?

2. If the restrictions are still in place on Aug 4th we automatically go to Option 2 Hybrid?

3. What will a option 2 schedule look like?

4. If he removes the restrictions between Aug 3rd and Aug 29th we start playing 3 weeks after that date?

5. If the governor does nothing and then extends his order 60 more days we are done with fall sports?

6. Any idea what middle school or youth football leagues can do?

7. How do you recall a governor?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Salem said:

Yes and no. The kids just want to play but even though you’re playing in a sparsely attended scrimmage it isn’t the same thing as playing in front of the entire town with a rowdy student section. It’s better than nothing but that shouldn’t be our only two choices - this revenue losing, program killing plan or nothing. 

I said I wouldn't rehash, but just this once to be clear... I agree it's not what we want. I don't agree with some of the things that we must do in order to play. I don't like in principal, nor in practice, some of the methods used to reach their conclusion, but the conclusion has been reached and voted in, and I'm moving forward with understanding and complying with what we have to work with from this point onward, rather than waste time and effort on grumbling about something that won't change for the better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Salem said:

1. If the Governor removes his restrictions by Aug 3rd then we play the regular schedule?

2. If the restrictions are still in place on Aug 4th we automatically go to Option 2 Hybrid?

4. If he removes the restrictions between Aug 3rd and Aug 29th we start playing 3 weeks after that date?

5. If the governor does nothing and then extends his order 60 more days we are done with fall sports?

These questions are why I said in my above post that I'm moving forward in trying to understand and comply with the restrictions... looks like we're shooting at a moving target with some of em'. I believe (from the hip) that #'s 4 and 5 are yes... 1 is a should be yes according to established policy... and the rest... eh... better read up some more. Number 7 is probably expiration date.

26 minutes ago, Salem said:

I believe we play the hybrid plan and the governor releases part of the order and that is us. I think we are playing football before the 18th personally. Georgia, Bama and I heard FLA is on schedule. The vibe today sounded like they are playing. You got both parties lawyers making guidelines.

Edited by pioneer42

54 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Not completely sure utvol2, but it looks like TSSAA left it pretty much wide open to the teams to scramble for games... I'd say that you guys would have an inside track to put us on your schedule if we need games also;).

Sounds good to me! :thumb: