Trousdale County Football 2020

Creekbank76

1 hour ago, Salem said:

It will be inexcusable to shut it down based on the statistics and data. There is no rational reason for anyone under age 70 to not play football in two weeks. 

Rationality has been a rare thing in regards to this disease I’ll admit. I would however encourage everyone to start doing some research, if they haven’t already done so, into how this virus can, and in some cases does, affect the heart. It looks as though that there is a certain percentage of those infected that will likely suffer long term cardiovascular complications. It’s likely a small number but it is there. Again, it’s an issue for individuals to research and decide for themselves in my opinion. Like a lot of life decisions That can have negative health consequences from smoking to heavy drinking or over eating, I’ve been guilty of them all myself. It’s a choice each has to make for themselves. Just as long as it’s an educated decision I’m okay with it. 

• Like 1

I feel that the Gov. will push TSSAA to play as planned. He has continuously gone against the experts recommendations and pushed schools to open back up. I would think he will do the same with sports. 

As for Colleges and shutting down, I've heard from a friend that reads alot of different forums and articles (so this information is completely worthless), the Power 5 are not phased by the virus at this point but rather the uniting of the players in an attempt to unionize. If that's truly the case, then is should not effect  the High School level. 

Edited by BCB~MVP

4 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

I feel that the Gov. will push TSSAA to play as planned. He has continuously gone against the experts recommendations and pushed schools to open back up. I would think he will do the same with sports. 

As for Colleges and shutting down, I've heard from a friend that reads alot of different forums and articles (so this information is completely worthless), the Power 5 are not phased by the virus at this point but rather the uniting of the players in an attempt to unionize. If that's truly the case, then is should not effect  the High School level. 

Good post

16 minutes ago, crow said:

Rationality has been a rare thing in regards to this disease I’ll admit. I would however encourage everyone to start doing some research, if they haven’t already done so, into how this virus can, and in some cases does, affect the heart. It looks as though that there is a certain percentage of those infected that will likely suffer long term cardiovascular complications. It’s likely a small number but it is there. Again, it’s an issue for individuals to research and decide for themselves in my opinion. Like a lot of life decisions That can have negative health consequences from smoking to heavy drinking or over eating, I’ve been guilty of them all myself. It’s a choice each has to make for themselves. Just as long as it’s an educated decision I’m okay with it. 

This was discussed in the 5a6a Covid thread.

The same MRI findings are present in influenza infections and Other lung infections. They resolve over time. 

See how the narrative changes: first it was going to kill everyone. That was false. 

Next  the asymptomatic people were super spreaders but that didn’t pan out. 

Now even these mild or asymptomatic disease may cause permanent severe cardiovascular effects. 

35 minutes ago, Salem said:

This was discussed in the 5a6a Covid thread.

The same MRI findings are present in influenza infections and Other lung infections. They resolve over time. 

See how the narrative changes: first it was going to kill everyone. That was false. 

Next  the asymptomatic people were super spreaders but that didn’t pan out. 

Now even these mild or asymptomatic disease may cause permanent severe cardiovascular effects. 

There has not been enough time to know IF there are long term affects or not. Certainly not every case will end with long term problems I understand. I’m just encouraging people to research possible complications. If the T is definitive enough that’s good with me. Like I said as long as folks are making informed decisions I feel it’s an individual decision to determine what methods are appropriate for each of us. If folks want to hide in a bunker, ok. If folks wanna go around licking public toilets, cool with me. I’m just encouraging all of us to know why we’re doing whatever it is we decide to do and not just because so and so need network says so.