South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie County (Captain Victory vs Chief Wattenbarger)

Southtowner

34 minutes ago, powerp said:

Sanders threw one ball perfect tonight that was dropped. What I saw tonight was a team that is scary good at the skill positions and a line that will continue to get better. I thought our defensive tackles played pretty well

Jo & Gio might be best duo in 1A if they keep working. Offensive line has to be more physical. Hunter Frame out of the spread is scary. Lots of weapons to play with though. Will be somebody different each week

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, WARBOSS said:

I see South Pittsburgh recruited well this year. Chris "the stud" Jones even got them one out of Detroit! Thank he's mad at Jeremy Pruitt because Jeremy wouldn't give him a job...he needs to join the FBI and be a spy...hes good at that..lol...good recruiting year guys! You'll probably get the state this year...unless you get caught?????????? You think I'm lying but I'm not!

Well, you would know about that.

30 minutes ago, WARBOSS said:

Good..I could careless..lol..the kids from Hixson on the bench? Y'all are tough year in and year out just recruiting north Alabama and being South Pittsburgh...you don't need to recruit but you do anyway..it don't matter..I don't give a crap anyway!! Hope you win them all!

Lol your delusional. We spent all summer recruiting our own kids from North Alabama team down the road. That was after spending Spring recruiting our kids from Jasper after one of MC’s coaches kept sending text messages to 2 of our players.  Which they shared with our HC. Don’t throw stones if you live in a glass house buddy. You best get off coach T and worry about your team instead of ours. Now go put that pipe down.

Edited by TonyHorton91281
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hot digity dang, Old Pirate says Congrats to the Pirates on the win. Lots of work to do to be a state champion contender. Best to keep grinding to correct a truck load of problems. Bad snaps, dropped balls, missed blocks, penalties and inconsistency. The Pirates do show a huge amount of potential but potential does not win championships! Theys already folkes chattering about transfers. From OP’s seat the kid from Detroit is sure nuff big and easily noticed on the sidelines but was not a starter. One former Hixon kid started, the other played as backup. OP Ain’t heard of a single kid from Alabama.  Leastways OP is a skillet head. High points were obvious, #4 Frame performed great with the ability to hit another gear. Defensive line and linebackers were knocking opponents around. The Jumbo package was impressive and going to hurt opponents. BTW, the Indians brought some fight but simply was outmanned. Good luck to SC. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

We didn't look half bad.   

I know it's been stated and I don't want to be redundant about it but with no scrimmages and having no jamboree this was a very decent first game.  

We made quiet a few mistakes tonight and I'm sure the coaches will emphasize it and get it remedied as quickly as possible.   

Next week I'm looking for better offensive line play and better execution of our snaps.  Those two are a must if we want to reach our goals.  Its critical.  

Also our defensive front 7 , well, really the whole defense played really well.  # 57 and #75 had a terrific game.

Just keep putting in the work and it'll pay off.

Big shout out to #4 our Captain of tonight's game.  H. Frame had a heck of a night.  I'm thinking in the neighborhood of around 14 carries 237 yards with 4 TDs.  I believe the only thing he didn't get right tonight was the coin toss.  Great game cousin.  I'm so proud of you.  Proud of this whole team really. 

One down 14 to go.  Grundy County is up next.  Let's clean some things up and get better.  Go Pirates! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

We didn't look half bad.   

I know it's been stated and I don't want to be redundant about it but with no scrimmages and having no jamboree this was a very decent first game.  

We made quiet a few mistakes tonight and I'm sure the coaches will emphasize it and get it remedied as quickly as possible.   

Next week I'm looking for better offensive line play and better execution of our snaps.  Those two are a must if we want to reach our goals.  Its critical.  

Also our defensive front 7 , well, really the whole defense played really well.  # 57 and #75 had a terrific game.

Just keep putting in the work and it'll pay off.

Big shout out to #4 our Captain of tonight's game.  H. Frame had a heck of a night.  I'm thinking in the neighborhood of around 14 carries 237 yards with 4 TDs.  I believe the only thing he didn't get right tonight was the coin toss.  Great game cousin.  I'm so proud of you.  Proud of this whole team really. 

One down 14 to go.  Grundy County is up next.  Let's clean some things up and get better.  Go Pirates! 

Bout covered it.....I would like to add that I'm very excited about our Freshman Kicker....that kid has a future.

• Upvote 2