Gordonsville @ Smith County

croz6110

17 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Gordonsville travels across the river planning to whoop up on the Owls.

Both teams are licking their wounds after week 1 losses, but this rivalry is oftentimes even on the field when it isn't on paper.

I predict the good guys win, Tigers 33-14.

Croz,  I expected SC to be down from last year with many young,inexperienced players  but if last night was any indication of what's to come, G-ville  should by highly favored.  But who knows. You can usually expect the unexpected in this game. Usually there is 1 turning point that dictates the game. There always seems,  if you look bac, one play that decides the momentum or outcome of the game. 

20 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Croz,  I expected SC to be down from last year with many young,inexperienced players  but if last night was any indication of what's to come, G-ville  should by highly favored.  But who knows. You can usually expect the unexpected in this game. Usually there is 1 turning point that dictates the game. There always seems,  if you look bac, one play that decides the momentum or outcome of the game. 

You're right, but I hope we come out firing and build a lead to where one play doesn't change the momentum that much.

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I dislike both schools in SC equally. I figure since gordy swiped 2 starters from carthage that tempers are gonna show. gordy will win but I am pulling for the owls. 

Sounds like Gordonsville is pretty loaded this season. I will take them by 21. We get some transfers too but a kid going from Jasper to SP or vice versa can never get eligible in our county without sitting a year.   Lol

DTC Sports is planning LIVE coverage of the game from Owl Stadium this Friday night. Coverage begins at 6:45 p.m. at www.dtc3.tv. You can also tune in at 6:00 p.m. for The Box Score, our weekly sports talk show where we will recap the area games in Week 1, go in-depth on the SCHS/GHS rivalry, and preview games coming up in Week 2. For more information the rivalry, go to https://dtc3.tv/2020/08/25/football-game-night-kicks-off-friday-night-at-watertown-high-school/

• Like 1