South Pittsburg vs Marion County (Pirates vs Warriors)

Southtowner

48 minutes ago, Batman said:

Politics has taken a strangle hold of most things. We know viruses come and go yearly. It is terrible our kids are becoming victims of political agendas for power. It makes no sense to me for the justification.  I was approached at the LV game last week because I did not have a mask on by a man that was not practices 6 feet distancing. He told me and a couple we had to wear masks. I simply told him I didn't wear masks. Our country is being taken over by extremist. I laughed as the little dictator walked away. Was he not breaking his own rules by being in our space? Short of a vaccine, we will be lucky to see the end of the season.  I know there are those who disagree my stance of defending my personal freedoms and that's alright. Their freedom ends where mine begin but the kids have no say and are the ones suffering the most from these crazy times we each individually allow to control us.  I am easy to find if would would like to discuss my beliefs. Johnny Stone

Thank you for showing why kids really need to be in school. Uneducated hicks are a big reason the state is in the shape it is and a reason we are still dealing with this in September. When your “personal freedoms” directly affect others that’s a problem. That’s when the kids suffer.

Edited by Waker

51 minutes ago, Batman said:

Politics has taken a strangle hold of most things. We know viruses come and go yearly. It is terrible our kids are becoming victims of political agendas for power. It makes no sense to me for the justification.  I was approached at the LV game last week because I did not have a mask on by a man that was not practices 6 feet distancing. He told me and a couple we had to wear masks. I simply told him I didn't wear masks. Our country is being taken over by extremist. I laughed as the little dictator walked away. Was he not breaking his own rules by being in our space? Short of a vaccine, we will be lucky to see the end of the season.  I know there are those who disagree my stance of defending my personal freedoms and that's alright. Their freedom ends where mine begin but the kids have no say and are the ones suffering the most from these crazy times we each individually allow to control us.  I am easy to find if would would like to discuss my beliefs. Johnny Stone

Hey Johnny don't act like you are bad or something. I know you and the rest of the stones too. This is a highschool football thread. Let's stay with that.ok

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Waker said:

Thank you for showing why kids really need to be in school. Uneducated hicks are a big reason the state is in the shape it is and a reason we are still dealing with this in September. When your “personal freedoms” directly affect others that’s a problem. That’s when the kids suffer.

The "educated hicks" like Joe Hiden aren't helping much either.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I hadn't either, so that's why I was wondering. Strange if they changed the rules midseason.

I'm a realist and know that it would have probably been a loss anyway. I did want to see how much better we have gotten this year and I'm certain you guys would have wanted to see how your kids would have reacted to this game as well. I'm sure if the roles were reversed I would have aggravated you guys but I am very close to a few of the kids and they are absolutely devastated. 

Edited by PurplePower68
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, rlh said:

The "educated hicks" like Joe Hiden aren't helping much either.

I have never listened to a politician for medical advice. Is that what you are doing? If the doctors and nurses in my family tell me I should wear a mask to help my community and theirs cut down on cases, I can do something as small as wear one. This has never ever been political to me. I want to watch high school football. Every Friday! If the small chance of me wearing a mask helps that, I’ll do it. 

Edited by Waker
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Waker said:

I have never listened to a politician for medical advice. Is that what you are doing? If the doctors and nurses in my family tell me I should wear a mask to help my community and theirs cut down on cases, I can do something as small as wear one. This has never ever been political to me. I want to watch high school football. Every Friday! 

Good post. Thank you for looking after your neighbors

4 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I'm a realist and know that it would have probably been a loss anyway. I did want to see how much better we have gotten this year and I'm certain you guys would have wanted to see how your kids would have reacted to this game as well. I'm sure if the roles were reversed I would have aggravated you guys but I am very close to a few of the kids and they are absolutely devastated. 

Tssaa does what they want and we know this

52 minutes ago, Waker said:

Mr.Walker, you need to realise this is going to go away....most people that need to protect themselves from infection because of co-morbitaties are. The rest of us should lead a normal life . You can't hide in a hole forever, and, I assume you were the one that violated the six foot rule.

But, to let the kids play ball, I'll wear my mask.

Edited by inthagap

6 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I’m not sure, definitely none of the last three.....lol.  I would almost venture to say that it was the last time Pruitt was here?  What do you think?

Probably so but the last one in 2005 was a gifted W. Kid was 2 yards short. Still I think most thought we were the favorites for sure. I was just hoping you didn’t try to say 2014 or 15 when we were down and y’all were loaded.