Tornadoes vs Tide "The Golden Tradition"

PeabodyPride

6 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I seen them up close and personal. I had a son play against them and yes that was a great team. Probably the best UC team that I have seen UC field in my lifetime.

That team was awesome to watch. Saw them a few times that season.....I'm sorry UC posters get upset with my friendly jabs. It's all in fun. I'm still taking Peabody by 2 TDs......

27 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

That team was awesome to watch. Saw them a few times that season.....I'm sorry UC posters get upset with my friendly jabs. It's all in fun. I'm still taking Peabody by 2 TDs......

That was a once in a generation type of team. Just a great group of kids who bought in to what Coach Bowling was selling. I have to agree with what some posters have said about competing for the 3A title that year. Maybe we could have won against Alcoa but that's a huge maybe. 

Just now, Bigsw02 said:

That was a once in a generation type of team. Just a great group of kids who bought in to what Coach Bowling was selling. I have to agree with what some posters have said about competing for the 3A title that year. Maybe we could have won against Alcoa but that's a huge maybe. 

You all was built earily similar to them that year,imo that's what changed after that class,not as much buy in to a hard nosed football first program ! Don't get me wrong y'all got Gold in 2017 ,but that team was really good not great ! I knew alot of the kids from 2013 and 2014 and the love of UC football and humility was second to none,no cockiness no I before we at all.Henry up the middle was good for 4 in the first half and 14 in the second almost automatic,lord then there's walton on the flip or keep and speed at both ,more smarts than speed but still speed. I love smash mouth football and in our game last year I looked at Golden Tide Fanatic in the 4th and said "we pullin a 2014 UC on these boys " she just laughed and shook her head.This years version of the Tide D is nastier than last year imo,even short handed like we have been,Offense is still growing but with the 3 backs we have we can run a very diverse scheme without throwing more than a little play action. I see this game close if we allow it to be ,no offense UC ,you guys need a perfect game with big Tide mistakes to pull the W and have a giant killer ride home up 45 ! That being said it's Friday it's Tide and Tornadoes anything can and will happen ! If any of y'all Twisty fellas wanna meet up during the game look for me at the goal post ,4"11 95 pounds soaking wet and go by sugarplum in real life...

12 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

You all was built earily similar to them that year,imo that's what changed after that class,not as much buy in to a hard nosed football first program ! Don't get me wrong y'all got Gold in 2017 ,but that team was really good not great ! I knew alot of the kids from 2013 and 2014 and the love of UC football and humility was second to none,no cockiness no I before we at all.Henry up the middle was good for 4 in the first half and 14 in the second almost automatic,lord then there's walton on the flip or keep and speed at both ,more smarts than speed but still speed. I love smash mouth football and in our game last year I looked at Golden Tide Fanatic in the 4th and said "we pullin a 2014 UC on these boys " she just laughed and shook her head.This years version of the Tide D is nastier than last year imo,even short handed like we have been,Offense is still growing but with the 3 backs we have we can run a very diverse scheme without throwing more than a little play action. I see this game close if we allow it to be ,no offense UC ,you guys need a perfect game with big Tide mistakes to pull the W and have a giant killer ride home up 45 ! That being said it's Friday it's Tide and Tornadoes anything can and will happen ! If any of y'all Twisty fellas wanna meet up during the game look for me at the goal post ,4"11 95 pounds soaking wet and go by sugarplum in real life...

The great thing about that 2013-2014 team that has not been completely replicated since was that offensive line. People said how can Bowling never throw the ball? Just load up the box. Well I can tell you with that team you could put 10 in the box and it didn't matter. They were still going to push you back and get 5 or more yards a carry. We have had some pretty good lines since then but not dominating like that. you could load the box in the last several years and slow us down. That's why last year you saw Bowling change some. We used more misdirection and even threw on occasion. Had to loosen that box up some.

This year we have another good O-line that can push folks around. But, loading the box can still slow us down. However, we are now more apt to throw the ball to keep teams honest, and we have a QB and some receivers that can make it count when we do throw. So we are no longer quite so one dimensional which certainly helps.

1 hour ago, TennReb31 said:

The great thing about that 2013-2014 team that has not been completely replicated since was that offensive line. People said how can Bowling never throw the ball? Just load up the box. Well I can tell you with that team you could put 10 in the box and it didn't matter. They were still going to push you back and get 5 or more yards a carry. We have had some pretty good lines since then but not dominating like that. you could load the box in the last several years and slow us down. That's why last year you saw Bowling change some. We used more misdirection and even threw on occasion. Had to loosen that box up some.

This year we have another good O-line that can push folks around. But, loading the box can still slow us down. However, we are now more apt to throw the ball to keep teams honest, and we have a QB and some receivers that can make it count when we do throw. So we are no longer quite so one dimensional which certainly helps.

This is the biggest line we have ever fielded as a whole that I know of. Correct me if I am wrong. @PeabodyPride This game could get very interesting in the trenches for sure.

Edited by PHSRollTide