Tornadoes vs Tide "The Golden Tradition"

PeabodyPride

28 minutes ago, UCStrong77 said:

These Lake Co folks crack me up. We won’t the 2a title in 2017. Yes we were 1a in 2013 and 2014. I believe we beat the 2a state champs then as well. Also beat a Nashville Christian team that had several division 1 players on it. Lake Co didn’t want any this year. 

You guys beat us by one touchdown in 2017 in the third round.  We relied on jarel a lot that year he sprained his ankle at the end of the adamsville game. He didn’t play at linebacker or run the ball and it hurt us. 

As usual LC always has some excuses on why they didn’t win. Like I said before go back to the LC pigeon thread and stay out of grown folks business. Yes last year y’all had a heck of a year, but as they say the sun shines on a dogs butt every once in awhile. In another 30 years y’all can talk again. Now to the real business. Yes Peabody is great and will be hard to beat but it’s not impossible. UC will come to play and will leave it all on the field. If that’s  not enough so be it. But on any give Friday night between PHS and UCHS the unthinkable can happen. Both respected top notch programs and both even on down years are hard to handle.

2 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

As usual LC always has some excuses on why they didn’t win. Like I said before go back to the LC pigeon thread and stay out of grown folks business. Yes last year y’all had a heck of a year, but as they say the sun shines on a dogs butt every once in awhile. In another 30 years y’all can talk again. Now to the real business. Yes Peabody is great and will be hard to beat but it’s not impossible. UC will come to play and will leave it all on the field. If that’s  not enough so be it. But on any give Friday night between PHS and UCHS the unthinkable can happen. Both respected top notch programs and both even on down years are hard to handle.

What do think union city will do game plan wise ? 

2 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

This we can agree on , the last couple years with UC a bit down" by their standards" still make good playoff runs ! 

36 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

What do think union city will do game plan wise ? 

You want our game plan? Okay. We are going to switch to the Spread Pro Set and run the old West Coast Offense. On defense we are just going to play prevent the whole game.

Okay. Enough of the smart mouth. I will give you an idea. We are going to line up in the Flex Bone and try to grind out some offense. On defense.....I suppose we will have to see because there have been some changes in the mix these last couple of weeks. I would expect some blitzing and some stunts to try and take the Tide out of step and put them off balance. After that.......hang on for dear life.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

You want our game plan? Okay. We are going to switch to the Spread Pro Set and run the old West Coast Offense. On defense we are just going to play prevent the whole game.

Okay. Enough of the smart mouth. I will give you an idea. We are going to line up in the Flex Bone and try to grind out some offense. On defense.....I suppose we will have to see because there have been some changes in the mix these last couple of weeks. I would expect some blitzing and some stunts to try and take the Tide out of step and put them off balance. After that.......hang on for dear life.

Haha you know they say its better to be smart on both ends than just one 

12 hours ago, UCStrong77 said:

These Lake Co folks crack me up. We won’t the 2a title in 2017. Yes we were 1a in 2013 and 2014. I believe we beat the 2a state champs then as well. Also beat a Nashville Christian team that had several division 1 players on it. Lake Co didn’t want any this year. 

Please tell your coach to keep LC on schedule. LC would have loved to play UC this year. This isn't about LC. It's about Trenton and UC. LC people are entitled to make picks like everyone else. Don't get all hurt that LC people have some sense and are picking Peabody in this game. Heck if LC was playing Trenton I would have to pick Peabody.

Anyone looking for knowledgeable UC posters to disrespect Peabody are going to be disappointed. We know who Peabody is and realize that it will take a great effort for us to pull off the upset. 

Can I point at what we are going to do/have been doing that gives us an advantage or a definite win? No. Peabody is obviously the favorite. Do I think we have a chance at the upset? Absolutely. We have been steadily improving week to week. We are a better team than we were last year. 

Peabody being the favorite we still probably need some help, a turnover here or there, etc. And we need to play our best and have a clean game. Will that happen? I don't know. But anything is possible on any given Friday night. We are not as outclassed as we have been in last couple of years. I believe it will be a competitive game and we will see how the ball bounces.

5 minutes ago, TennReb31 said:

Anyone looking for knowledgeable UC posters to disrespect Peabody are going to be disappointed. We know who Peabody is and realize that it will take a great effort for us to pull off the upset. 

Can I point at what we are going to do/have been doing that gives us an advantage or a definite win? No. Peabody is obviously the favorite. Do I think we have a chance at the upset? Absolutely. We have been steadily improving week to week. We are a better team than we were last year. 

Peabody being the favorite we still probably need some help, a turnover here or there, etc. And we need to play our best and have a clean game. Will that happen? I don't know. But anything is possible on any given Friday night. We are not as outclassed as we have been in last couple of years. I believe it will be a competitive game and we will see how the ball bounces.

All true points, disrespect never but banter is what makes this sight so much fun ! Region 7 2a is a weird animal ,I think most us of us pull for each other as long as we aren't playing them that week ! I have no doubt PHS is favored but like we all know Friday Night Lights can cause strange things ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Please tell your coach to keep LC on schedule. LC would have loved to play UC this year. This isn't about LC. It's about Trenton and UC. LC people are entitled to make picks like everyone else. Don't get all hurt that LC people have some sense and are picking Peabody in this game. Heck if LC was playing Trenton I would have to pick Peabody.

Oh I’m not hurt by LC posters picking Peabody. They are definitely the favorite here and are #1 in the state.  The post I was referring to was Basically talking  about UC not being competitive in 2a in which I reminded them we won the 2a title in 2017 and beat the 2a champs in 2014 during the regular season.  I think that 2014 possibly wins the 3a title too. 

39 minutes ago, UCStrong77 said:

Oh I’m not hurt by LC posters picking Peabody. They are definitely the favorite here and are #1 in the state.  The post I was referring to was Basically talking  about UC not being competitive in 2a in which I reminded them we won the 2a title in 2017 and beat the 2a champs in 2014 during the regular season.  I think that 2014 possibly wins the 3a title too. 

I would take 2104 Tornadoes as a 50/50 pick against them over Tornadoes from Alcoa ! If you didn't see UC that year live you can't form a true opinion !