Milan vs Covington Region 7-3A showdown

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

57 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I wished we didn’t play a big game against Union City and I wish Covid didn’t exist where ticket sales are at a minimum or I’d go to watch this game. Should be a dandy of a game to watch 

Covington Gridiron Club Facebook also has a Livestream of the game. You could watch while at yalls game!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 00Chargers said:

Covington Gridiron Club Facebook also has a Livestream of the game. You could watch while at yalls game!

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Your very welcome. Good luck to you guys as well. 

Thanks for the info guys! Of course I’m rooting for my Gibson County neighbors, but good luck to both teams and pray for a injury free game

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Say, BPM, tell us about the Milan players who transferred in from Liberty.  

#1 is the qb Anthony Brown.  He has a good arm but legit 4.4 type speed. He is only a jr so 1 more year to go after this one. He has several offers on the table but recently picked up one from Michigan state. I expect many more to come. 

#22 is DJ Smith. He is a wide out and db. Also returns kicks. He returned a couple this year for scores. Good height and kind legs give him great speed. He is committed to Central Michigan and he is a senior. 

#26 Gedarius Easley transferred from Mississippi and is a wrecking ball at running back. He is short but stout and is not scared to run someone over. These 3 are transfers and standout players for Milan. However there are a few others that are notable players and have offers to play in college. 

#9 Antwain Barham Jr. is a junior linebacker and has already picked up 4 offers one from Big 10 school Indiana. 
#7 is Orlandis Williamson is a linebacker and running back on offense. He is the cousin of nfl star Avery Williamson. He is a senior and has offers to play football and baseball in college. 
#42 is Seth Roberson a senior linebacker for Milan. He is the son of former Bulldog great Doc Roberson who was a standout player on the 98/99 back to back teams and defensive mvp of the 99 championship game. Seth picked up his first offer to a small school in Missouri last week. 

These are just a few to watch for Milan. Tell us about some of the Covington standouts. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Covington has several running backs of note:

#22 Jamarion Dowell - Sophomore RB(maybe the fastest guy we have) 

# 7 Marcus Hayes - Senior RB - averaging over 10 yd/ carry - All-State RB as a sophomore

# 24 Eumorrion Flowers - fullback - goes about 220 lb I would guess - several games over 100 yards, including vs. Haywood

#4 Carson Ruffin - Senior QB - runs the option but was 3 of 3 passing vs Ripley, and each completion went for a TD (47, 47, and 49 yards)

#3 Dalton Dickerson - Senior WR - punts and had 2 TD catches vs Ripley

Our defense is led by All-State senior linebacker # 28 Lareko Burton

and both our O-line and D-line are playing lights out.

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Covington has several running backs of note:

#22 Jamarion Dowell - Sophomore RB(maybe the fastest guy we have) 

# 7 Marcus Hayes - Senior RB - averaging over 10 yd/ carry - All-State RB as a sophomore

# 24 Eumorrion Flowers - fullback - goes about 220 lb I would guess - several games over 100 yards, including vs. Haywood

#4 Carson Ruffin - Senior QB - runs the option but was 3 of 3 passing vs Ripley, and each completion went for a TD (47, 47, and 49 yards)

#3 Dalton Dickerson - Senior WR - punts and had 2 TD catches vs Ripley

Our defense is led by All-State senior linebacker # 28 Lareko Burton

and both our O-line and D-line are playing lights out.

Could also add #5 LB  he is a stud! 

#1 Ac Young has been playing good defense at OLB

#8 & #10 Have been doing a great job returning punts this year for us 

17 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Could also add #5 LB  he is a stud! 

#1 Ac Young has been playing good defense at OLB

#8 & #10 Have been doing a great job returning punts this year for us 

Good points.

#5 is JR linebacker Christian Barbee

#8 is JR DB Jalen Fayne ( has 1 punt return TD)

#10 is SR linebacker Breshun Dyson

Edited by CHARGERFAN