Class 4A home stretch

BigDaddyDave

1 minute ago, JMorton said:

They will lump it in with senior night. At this point I just hope we get there with a full squad .

I’m right there with you because this year has been nerve wrecking.I can’t imagine what the players and coaches are going through and even you parents have to stay worried about making through each day without hearing the word covid.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 4:36 PM, poe70 said:

Tullahoma and Marshall County in the qtr finals will be a game for sure. Although I think tullahoma is the better team this year, it is hard to beat a team twice in one season. If teams hit their stride at the right time, they can be hard to handle come playoff time. Look at Dekalb County last year. No one saw that coming. Especially Tullahoma. Let’s just hope they both make it through the other opponents and they both stay covid free to be able to see that rematch. 

So Dekalb beats them both last yr and they return everyone and you dont think they can again. I'm telling you if Marshall has the same team this yr they did last DC will blow them out. They dont have the size or speed to play with DC. Nokes Scored 4 tds because he scores on everyone. Hes probably the most overlooked player in the state along with a kid named TJ Alexander who returned to the team this yr who 6"3 and runs a true 4.4.  Knowles is right there with them both and his hands catching are insane. Then through in 6"6 Evan Jones at TE and you'll see that yes for sure they can Score easily with Tullahoma.  I believe these 2 both will meet this yr as 1 seeds. DC lost to a 7 an 0 Warren County Team by 6.  Lost to a good Watertown team by 6 after blowing a 15 point lead in the 4th.  The Upperman loss they have absolutely no excuses. They should have won by 5 Tds over that team.  They may lose every game left but that team has the talent to win State on Offense. That's not crazy talk. When there hot watch out. 

3 hours ago, Hellidontno said:

So Dekalb beats them both last yr and they return everyone and you dont think they can again. I'm telling you if Marshall has the same team this yr they did last DC will blow them out. They dont have the size or speed to play with DC. Nokes Scored 4 tds because he scores on everyone. Hes probably the most overlooked player in the state along with a kid named TJ Alexander who returned to the team this yr who 6"3 and runs a true 4.4.  Knowles is right there with them both and his hands catching are insane. Then through in 6"6 Evan Jones at TE and you'll see that yes for sure they can Score easily with Tullahoma.  I believe these 2 both will meet this yr as 1 seeds. DC lost to a 7 an 0 Warren County Team by 6.  Lost to a good Watertown team by 6 after blowing a 15 point lead in the 4th.  The Upperman loss they have absolutely no excuses. They should have won by 5 Tds over that team.  They may lose every game left but that team has the talent to win State on Offense. That's not crazy talk. When there hot watch out. 

MC last year led the whole game until last few minutes vs. Dekalb. Dekalb was not that dominating against us. We had a blown coverage at the end that cost us that game. And we don't care how tall Dekalb players are.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hellidontno said:

D wins State Championships just FYI and dominating the line of scrimmage.  DC lost to Warren Co, Watertown, and Upperman last year also.  When you ran into a good D team last year in Nolensville it was not pretty.  Make it to the Semi's to play a team from Quad 1 and compete then you will be able to talk about winning state

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Swipes said:

D wins State Championships just FYI and dominating the line of scrimmage.  DC lost to Warren Co, Watertown, and Upperman last year also.  When you ran into a good D team last year in Nolensville it was not pretty.  Make it to the Semi's to play a team from Quad 1 and compete then you will be able to talk about winning state

^ %100 ^......

8 hours ago, Hellidontno said:

I was giving my opinion on who I thought would meet in the qtr. finals. DC and MC should meet in the 2nd round. The winner of that game, god willing, will more than likely face tullahoma in the qtrs. IF Tullahoma is fortunate enough to make it to that game. You talk about everyone returning from that team. Yes I agree, DC has a heck of a QB and some WR’s, but they did graduate a key lineman on both sides of the ball from that team. Tullahoma returns everyone who played in that game against DC, but they added a more mobile QB, a transfer RB and a DT that missed most of the season due to injury in the MC game Last year. Tullahoma starts 9 juniors and 2 seniors on offense and 6 juniors and 5 seniors on defense. They only have 1 player that starts on both sides of the ball. Yes, DC got hot at the right time and beat Tullahoma and MC, but that was last year. Each year is its own animal. I still stand by my prediction because I have seen both of those teams THIS year. Let’s just hope all of these teams get through the season without injury and they all stay away from contact tracing. Especially come playoff time and we will see how it all shakes out. 

• Upvote 3