Classification

BooWhoWiseMan

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Still don’t agree that anyone is fighting. It’s just a good discussion about what will happen. It’s our human fascination with trying to figure out the future, and nothing brings everyone together like football. It’s as simple as that.

Agreed, if he thinks that's fighting he needs to grow a pair.

1 hour ago, thefootballguru said:

So if Springfield Jumps to the Clarksville region based of their recent success do they challenge henry county? With DC, Westcreek, McGavock, Clarksville and Rossview it could make for an interesting region.

I really think Springfield and Station Camp will move into region 6 with Beech and Gallatin having to move up. 

1 hour ago, thefootballguru said:

So if Springfield Jumps to the Clarksville region based of their recent success do they challenge henry county? With DC, Westcreek, McGavock, Clarksville and Rossview it could make for an interesting region.

All the schools you mentioned are 6A if the DC you refer to is Dickson County, and also Clarksville is right on the cut line. It appears Springfield is right in the middle of 5A. 

54 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I really think Springfield and Station Camp will move into region 6 with Beech and Gallatin having to move up. 

Region 6-5A is going to be completely different regardless. Station Camp will be with Mt. Juliet, Green Hill, and Wilson Central along with whoever else they put in there. Springfield, however, since it’s west of I-65, in Robertson County and not in Sumner, and near Clarksville seems to be a perfect fit for Region 7 with those Clarksville schools and Henry County and possibly Dyer County. It makes things more balanced and seems like a natural geographical split.

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

All the schools you mentioned are 6A if the DC you refer to is Dickson County, and also Clarksville is right on the cut line. It appears Springfield is right in the middle of 5A. 

If I was Dickson I wouldn't mind playing up in that region because it would seem more winnable than having henry, dyer and potentially Springfield to play every year.

4 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

From my understanding it doesn't matter who plays up.  They don't move a team down when one plays up.  They simply add the team playing up to the number.  So if the cutoff was the 49th team and 3 teams play up then there would 52 teams in 6A

You are correct, schools can choose to play up, but nobody ever gets bumped down.