Hardin County @ Lexington

Tigersandcats

1 hour ago, TennesseeValley said:

Does Lexington take TSSAA or TACA Cards?

I think between Whitley, Pope, and Hunt, Lexington isn't going to stop the HC offense. Look for HC to really stack the box against a run heavy Lexington Tiger offense which will make the HC Tiger defense commit to the run D even more which will make the susceptible to the pass. Lexington will have 1 passing TD, and 2 rushing TD's, however I think we will see a final close to 34-24 with the HC Tigers coming out on top.

good post. Pretty spot on. I still have questions about HC defense. I hope they answer that question Friday night. But with Whitley healthy this year imo has made a lot of difference with this team. HC don’t have to force anything on offense. They can take what the D gives them and have imo been doing a good job of that this year. 

We are now on year two of the scheduling contracts. Now, we're in October with 3 weeks left of the regular season. There is enough sample size for numbers.

You have the same Hardin County's defense this year, as you did last year. At this time last year, the Tigers defense allowed a total of 74 points (10.57 average). This year, the Tigers allowed 79 points (11.28 average). A game at Munford replaced a home game against Melrose. That's the difference in the scheduling for '19 and '20 seasons.

This year, South Side is the only team that Hardin County scored less than 40 points. And that's because Hardin County let off the "gas pedal" in that game against the Hawks in the 4th quarter. In 2019, Chester County was the only team that Hardin County scored 40+ points against. That tells me, that HC offense is significantly better. 

Dyersburg has played only four games this year. The Trojans have Ripley, Liberty, and Crockett County remaining on their schedule. Hardin County scored 48 on Dyersburg a few weeks ago in Savannah. Dyersburg has only allowed 13 points in the other three games. There's a chance that Dyersburg probably won't give up 35 points combined in the remaining three games. 

In 2019 Lexington averaged 26.2 offensively. In 2020, that is up to 32.7.

In 2019, Lexington averaged 18.57 defensively. In 2020, that is down to 16.28.

Remember those stats are only the 7 games leading up to Hardin County. 

I like Hardin County. Lexington is taking a baby step up to 2020. But Hardin County is taking an adult step. They're for real, and the stats back it up. 

Hardin County 35-23

On 10/13/2020 at 9:55 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

We are now on year two of the scheduling contracts. Now, we're in October with 3 weeks left of the regular season. There is enough sample size for numbers.

You have the same Hardin County's defense this year, as you did last year. At this time last year, the Tigers defense allowed a total of 74 points (10.57 average). This year, the Tigers allowed 79 points (11.28 average). A game at Munford replaced a home game against Melrose. That's the difference in the scheduling for '19 and '20 seasons.

This year, South Side is the only team that Hardin County scored less than 40 points. And that's because Hardin County let off the "gas pedal" in that game against the Hawks in the 4th quarter. In 2019, Chester County was the only team that Hardin County scored 40+ points against. That tells me, that HC offense is significantly better. 

Dyersburg has played only four games this year. The Trojans have Ripley, Liberty, and Crockett County remaining on their schedule. Hardin County scored 48 on Dyersburg a few weeks ago in Savannah. Dyersburg has only allowed 13 points in the other three games. There's a chance that Dyersburg probably won't give up 35 points combined in the remaining three gaGreat post! mes. 

In 2019 Lexington averaged 26.2 offensively. In 2020, that is up to 32.7.

In 2019, Lexington averaged 18.57 defensively. In 2020, that is down to 16.28.

Remember those stats are only the 7 games leading up to Hardin County. 

I like Hardin County. Lexington is taking a baby step up to 2020. But Hardin County is taking an adult step. They're for real, and the stats back it up. 

Hardin County 35-23

Great post!

I am not a fan of either team. I have seen Lexington play this year and they are pretty good up front. I like their offensive line. They get to the second and even third level pretty well. I do not know anything about Hardin county. I know that Lexington has a really good running back and a solid OLine. When you have that combination it can spell trouble for any team. 

Hardin county may stack the back and force Lexington to beat them through the air.... Football can be a crazy a@@ game sometimes. Turnover bug may bite and really hurt either team. 

I would bet money that the tigers have had the " tigers " circled, underlined, and highlighted all season long..... I just hope that it is a great game, the refs do not decide the outcome, and both teams leave injury free. 

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Great post!

I am not a fan of either team. I have seen Lexington play this year and they are pretty good up front. I like their offensive line. They get to the second and even third level pretty well. I do not know anything about Hardin county. I know that Lexington has a really good running back and a solid OLine. When you have that combination it can spell trouble for any team. 

Hardin county may stack the back and force Lexington to beat them through the air.... Football can be a crazy a@@ game sometimes. Turnover bug may bite and really hurt either team. 

I would bet money that the tigers have had the " tigers " circled, underlined, and highlighted all season long..... I just hope that it is a great game, the refs do not decide the outcome, and both teams leave injury free. 

Hardin Co. likes to sling the rock. Everyone talks about Hudson Wolfe, the big TE from HC that has committed to UT but honestly he has not played a snap all year due to injury and will miss the remainder of the season. However HC has a QB and a WR that are both D1 athletes that have been putting up huge numbers. They will lineup in the shotgun 3-4 wide every play. Lexington’s secondary better be ready. The defensive line is going to have to get some push on HC and linebackers get some pressure on the qb or it will be a long night for Lexington. On the other hand Hardin Co has given up some points and yardage on the ground this year. Dyersburg gashed them with their running attack and Lexington runs a very similar offensive scheme as Dyersburg. Will be interesting matchups all the way around. Two really good teams. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Hardin Co. likes to sling the rock. Everyone talks about Hudson Wolfe, the big TE from HC that has committed to UT but honestly he has not played a snap all year due to injury and will miss the remainder of the season. However HC has a QB and a WR that are both D1 athletes that have been putting up huge numbers. They will lineup in the shotgun 3-4 wide every play. Lexington’s secondary better be ready. The defensive line is going to have to get some push on HC and linebackers get some pressure on the qb or it will be a long night for Lexington. On the other hand Hardin Co has given up some points and yardage on the ground this year. Dyersburg gashed them with their running attack and Lexington runs a very similar offensive scheme as Dyersburg. Will be interesting matchups all the way around. Two really good teams. 

I'm willing to bet Bart and Bryant have spoken a time or two the last couple of weeks. :flower:

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

HC will sling the rock if they get the right look. But they like running the ball too. Whitley has a 136 carries and Hunt around a 110 passes. So very balanced there. The problem for defenses selling out on getting pressure on Hunt is it has to come up the middle witch gives HC the edge to run on and opens up the middle of the field for crossing or slant routes. So to me you almost got to pick your poison with em. South side tried the consatant pressure against HC and it didn’t work for them. We shall see. Lexington always gives HC fits.