Peabody JV looking for a game

PHSRollTide

13 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

They won the varsity one too. Did y’all??

Nope. Can we play 2a public?  

I am glad that Trenton won the state championship and they have a lot to be proud about.  Bragging about an exhibition that has no rules about who can play and not play is not one of them 

5 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

The only head start is community buy in.

Oh okay. So, y'all go ahead and watch that middle school JV game knowing you're going to get the majority (if not all) of those kids.Go ahead and tell your middle schools coaches to run this offense and defense. Have fun editing the upcoming recruiting video, too. Meanwhile, the three Jackson schools are hoping that they can get 20-25 kids collectively from the four middle schools. Then try to figure out what position is this player going to play during the summer of their freshman year.

8 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

I am glad that Trenton won the state championship and they have a lot to be proud about.  Bragging about an exhibition that has no rules about who can play and not play is not one of them 

You did for years back in the 90’s and early 2000’s. You couldn’t win a gold ball there either. None of your silver balls came from 2A either. They were all single A and Div 2. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Oh okay. So, y'all go ahead and watch that middle school JV game knowing you're going to get the majority (if not all) of those kids.Go ahead and tell your middle schools coaches to run this offense and defense. Have fun editing the upcoming recruiting video, too. Meanwhile, the three Jackson schools are hoping that they can get 20-25 kids collectively from the four middle schools. Then try to figure out what position is this player going to play during the summer of their freshman year.

Admin destroyed that, can’t blame that on anyone else. I used to work in jackson. I was there when they tried to make football an after school program. If it’s not important to the admin and leaders if the school then good luck getting buy in. Those videos you mentioned as recruitment is to get kids involved and excited about football and that is the exact thing Trenton does to get buy in. Admin and faculty have the power to change the culture in their school. But it starts with them.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

And we are talking about high school jv not middle school.

8 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

You guys recruited and played in 1a public up until a couple of years ago and still didn’t get it done. 

16 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I guess liberty made it by accident to state championship a few years ago ?  They had a good coach and it looked like he got players to play and I’m guessing he got a better paying job. They didn’t care if there was a football team or they would have paid him or hired an equivalent 

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I mean, South Gibson and North Side both beat Peabody in freshman but we don’t hear fans from those schools calling in shows...

Actually you are wrong, was driving my kids to school the next day and heard a caller discussing how South Gibson beat our freshman the night before. Was shocked that I heard a freshman game being discussed on the radio. So yes, I did text Bradley Owens and let him know that we returned the favor the following Monday night during our JV game. Keep in mind, the parents of South Gibson players were screaming at our coaching staff how they didn't know what they were doing during that freshman game. Unbelievable how they acted. I feel bad for coach Stidham to have to deal with that everyday.

28 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

Actually you are wrong, was driving my kids to school the next day and heard a caller discussing how South Gibson beat our freshman the night before. Was shocked that I heard a freshman game being discussed on the radio. So yes, I did text Bradley Owens and let him know that we returned the favor the following Monday night during our JV game. Keep in mind, the parents of South Gibson players were screaming at our coaching staff how they didn't know what they were doing during that freshman game. Unbelievable how they acted. I feel bad for coach Stidham to have to deal with that everyday.

I’ve heard the momma and daddy ball is pretty bad over in medina