Peabody JV looking for a game

PHSRollTide

6 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Our JV will hold their own against most Varsity teams,not saying go out and schedule Meigs or TC,wouldn't wanna embarrass them,jk,I do think our JV can hang and make it a game with some Varsity squads though,win or lose its experience !

True. It’s a good thing for next years future. In if the jv does play an actual varsity squad. How would the game be counted? Just an exhibition 

Not trying to sound to cocky, but Peabody has steamrolled in every JV game this year. The only JV game they didn't have a running clock against was Dyer County. Besides that , the future looks bright for the tide. Only thing is watch out for page 57 in the TSSAA handbook. Can NOT play a varsity team. Would be nice to maybe play a 6A team's JV, but with this COVID stuff going around would be really bad to bring that back to the locker room at this point in the season. I have a feeling the JV will be seeing a lot of time in their next three games. 

2 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

Not trying to sound to cocky, but Peabody has steamrolled in every JV game this year. The only JV game they didn't have a running clock against was Dyer County. Besides that , the future looks bright for the tide. Only thing is watch out for page 57 in the TSSAA handbook. Can NOT play a varsity team. Would be nice to maybe play a 6A team's JV, but with this COVID stuff going around would be really bad to bring that back to the locker room at this point in the season. I have a feeling the JV will be seeing a lot of time in their next three games. 

I was confused thought you was a USJ poster saying your JV beat PHS,my bad ...

Just now, PeabodyPride said:

We don't need a Varsity game.

Then why play a JV game on a Friday night? It was bad timing for the tweet to come out because it was hours after Crockett County announced they can’t play. People would love to see USJ/Peabody, but can’t happen. Having a JV game on a Friday night will be useless because it’ll prevent teams that can go scout other teams, scout them. I mean, I get it, but it’s a head scratcher. Peabody’s world I guess, we’re just living in it. 

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Then why play a JV game on a Friday night? It was bad timing for the tweet to come out because it was hours after Crockett County announced they can’t play. People would love to see USJ/Peabody, but can’t happen. Having a JV game on a Friday night will be useless because it’ll prevent teams that can go scout other teams, scout them. I mean, I get it, but it’s a head scratcher. Peabody’s world I guess, we’re just living in it. 

Coach said he just wants to get some JV guys a start under Friday Night Lights But I get what your saying

• Like 1