Peabody JV looking for a game

PHSRollTide

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I mean, South Gibson and North Side both beat Peabody in freshman but we don’t hear fans from those schools calling in shows...

Man it is not slam at anyone who does not care about JV. But it should not be a slam to someone who looks at JV as a building block and takes pride in it. Just saying. Not meaning to get people but hurt with my OPINION. 

Here I will Help this along. TCA beat USJ in 5th and 6th grade this year. TCA beat USJ in 7th and 8th grade this year. We are trying to invest in them hoping it parlays into JV then in to Varsity. Yes we keep score because the score is on the scoreboard. And you are full of crap you think it does not matter and it is sad. Because there are a lot of parents on both side with chest swollen in hopes of the future. Guess what I am One of those dads. Not sad. Been that way with all my kids. Can’t start to early teaching kids how to win. 

Edited by BigEdMo

6 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Here I will Help this along. TCA beat USJ in 5th and 6th grade this year. TCA beat USJ in 7th and 8th grade this year. We are trying to invest in them hoping it parlays into JV then in to Varsity. Yes we keep score because the score in on the scoreboard. And you are full of crap you think it does not matter and it is sad. Because there are a lot of parents on both side with chest swollen in hopes of the future. Guess what I am One of those dads. Not sad. Been that way with all my kids. Can’t start to early teaching kids how to win. 

I agree 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

You guys recruited and played in 1a public up until a couple of years ago and still didn’t get it done. 

Lord knows I am no USJ apologist. However, your statement is incorrect. Yes, they got some silver in 1A. But, they went private many years ago and spent that time on D2AA before dropping down cause of enrolment drops. TCA is now completing our second year at D2. Perhaps you were thinking about us, your former rival.

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I mean, South Gibson and North Side both beat Peabody in freshman but we don’t hear fans from those schools calling in shows...

Doesn’t mean they weren’t bragging to people. Guess what I work With someone from South Gibson with a kid on freshman team. That all he talked about. Didn’t think it was sad. Glad he had something to be proud of. 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:18 AM, PeabodyPride said:

Dont really think USJ wants that,I know the T posters from USJ claim they don't try or some garbage with JV but the last couple years combine score is like 85 to 20

I think it is pretty funny that you are giving out JV scores and other Peabody posters are talking about running clocks.  Every JV game USJ plays has a running clock.  I believe the clock only stops when the ball changes hands.  USJ uses JV games to develop players and keep kids interested in the program.  We have some kids playing on JV that most likely will never step on the field during a meaningful Friday night minute.  Our coaches want to keep them engaged in the program so they get JV playing time.  

USJ tries in JV games but "winning" is not the goal of a USJ JV game.  I know a couple of the coaches at Peabody and they would laugh out loud knowing that some of their fans are taking about JV scores. :roflol: Most JV's are made up of freshman and Sophomores.   We have a one sophomore that starts both ways on Friday night and 4 other sophomores that start one way.  Those are 5 kids that would go both ways in a JV game but have to play for us on Friday night.  

How can you call JV a game and not an exhibition?

--3 referees.. only throw flags when penally is obvious..no play clock..team can take as long as they want to call the play

--there are no punts or kickoffs and if someone tries an extra point; the other team doesn't rush the kicker

--no rules on what age kids can play in the game

--multiple coaches on the field during the play (offense and defense)

--USJ JV kids have a 2 hour Varsity practice before JV games where they are running scout team offense and defense

--football players keeping the chains

Please explain to me how that qualifies as a football game that keeps scores and not an exhibition 

30 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Here I will Help this along. TCA beat USJ in 5th and 6th grade this year. TCA beat USJ in 7th and 8th grade this year. We are trying to invest in them hoping it parlays into JV then in to Varsity. Yes we keep score because the score is on the scoreboard. And you are full of crap you think it does not matter and it is sad. Because there are a lot of parents on both side with chest swollen in hopes of the future. Guess what I am One of those dads. Not sad. Been that way with all my kids. Can’t start to early teaching kids how to win. 

Middle School games are played like a regular football game.  You have kickoffs, punts, kids haven't had a full football practice before they play and coaches aren't actually on they field.  We charge admission at middle school games because they are an actual game.  There ins't admission taken at JV games because it isn't an actual game.  

6 minutes ago, GTfanTN said:

Middle School games are played like a regular football game.  You have kickoffs, punts, kids haven't had a full football practice before they play and coaches aren't actually on they field.  We charge admission at middle school games because they are an actual game.  There ins't admission taken at JV games because it isn't an actual game.  

Ok. And Biden is going to shut everything down because of covid and give everyone stimulus for life. That not real ethier but people still believe it is. It’s a matter of perception. 

Edited by BigEdMo

3 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Ok. And Biden is going to shut everything down because of covid and give everyone stimulus for life. That not real ethier but people still believe it is. 

It is obvious parents from different schools look at JV games differently.  USJ uses them as a teaching moment and not worried about the score board.  Go to a USJ/TCA JV baseball game; each team is hitting 14 kids and throwing a different pitcher ever 2 innings.  I promise both coaches will tell you they are developing players and not trying to "win" a JV game.  

43 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Come on man, no one keep scores of JV games. Programs treat JV games differently. If people want to say "we beat this JV team by 30" that's great. But it's not a bragging part. JV is more of a "here you go sophomores (and juniors that don't play), go play this team for 60-90 minutes on a playground." It's more practice reps against another team, than anything. Players know that, there's no need to be hiding. If the players want to get on the field on a Friday night, then they need to practice harder, not show out in a JV game. But just because one Peabody's JV team beat USJ JV or something like that, doesn't mean that they'll beat them on the Varsity. That's why, we really don't care.

3 minutes ago, GTfanTN said:

It is obvious parents from different schools look at JV games differently.  USJ uses them as a teaching moment and not worried about the score board.  Go to a USJ/TCA JV baseball game; each team is hitting 14 kids and throwing a different pitcher ever 2 innings.  I promise both coaches will tell you they are developing players and not trying to "win" a JV game.  

I agree With you. But why throw shade at people who look at it different. That is the issue I have  Heck they have gold balls. Maybe TCA needs to keep score at JV. 

46 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Lord knows I am no USJ apologist. However, your statement is incorrect. Yes, they got some silver in 1A. But, they went private many years ago and spent that time on D2AA before dropping down cause of enrolment drops. TCA is now completing our second year at D2. Perhaps you were thinking about us, your former rival.

Yeah I knew they were in d2aa at one point but they were in public 1a for many years I’m pretty sure longer than any other classification they have ever been in.