South Pittsburg vs Sale Creek (Grider against this Cox man)

Roy Dillard

22 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

1 throws better on the run.  I’ve said it for years.  And I know we should protect the QB, but I agree he should be playing somewhere on defense.  So should 7.  I’m a believer in putting all your best athletes on the field at the same time, maybe not EVERY play, but ever so often it helps to scare the defense with them not knowing who’s gonna get the ball.  Just like at meigs.  They bumped 28 to the outside then bracketed him over the top with the safety.  If we had more receivers running better routes instead of dialing in on just one guy.  Maybe I’m wrong but it looked that way.  They tried taking away the inside.  Good thing he’s got an amazing knack for finding the holes in the defense.  

There was an offensive player in the playoffs in 2008 that was too important to play defense in the game up at the Trouserhosers and it may have been couple of points difference in the game.

2 hours ago, chs1984 said:

No dog in this, but I would remind everybody that all Tennessee coaches not named John Reid have failed miserably when they came to Georgia. It’s a different world. 

Corky Kell coached at Basin in the late 50s and ended up having some success in Georgia.

4 hours ago, rlh said:

There was an offensive player in the playoffs in 2008 that was too important to play defense in the game up at the Trouserhosers and it may have been couple of points difference in the game.

I agree with having players only go one way if you can put talent that is comparable to to those players, but you have to put the best 11 players on the field get the job done

6 hours ago, rlh said:

I remember that player.  He went on to play SS, ironically, for a D1 program.  We needed him to play defense.  That game might not have come down to a long pass play being dropped to decide the game.