Greenfield @ Lake Co

shockernation

16 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Greenfield's easy schedule so far will hurt them here in this game and next week against WC. I say LC 42 Greenfield 28

I will probably need a shower after taking up for Greenfield but here goes.  Lake Counties ONLY non region game is Westview which was a slaughter.  Greenfield has played three non region opponents Scott's Hill, Hollow Rock-Bruceton, and Fulton County.  Score from wins over common district opponents LC +58 GHS+48.  This game will not be a blow out.  It will be relatively close and could go either way.

Edited by BigStickDiplomacy

3 minutes ago, BigStickDiplomacy said:

I will probably need a shower after taking up for Greenfield but here goes.  Lake Counties ONLY non region game is Westview which was a slaughter.  Greenfield has played three non region opponents Scott's Hill, Hollow Rock-Bruceton, and Fulton County.  Score from wins over common district opponents LC +58 GHS+48.  This game will not be a blow out.  It will be relatively close and could go either way.

I agree that the game will be close however there is a BIG difference in Westview and the 3 non region opponents that Greenfield has played. I dare say Westview would run the clock on all 3. 

37 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree that the game will be close however there is a BIG difference in Westview and the 3 non region opponents that Greenfield has played. I dare say Westview would run the clock on all 3. 

No doubt Westview was the better team but about 5 turnovers and a couple leading to touchdowns,probably a chance of 1 in 10 ever happening again .I think it's going to be a close game but have LC winning by 2 tds.Im guessing Greenfield wont be as big on the line as West Carroll and think LC will have more speed and athletes .Heard the Greenfield qb is very good so really concentrate on him .From reading,they play hard.So I think they will have to contain LC speed from getting outside or in the secondary.Plus LC has good recivers.Listened to radio show Sat and Gleason coach said he thought LC had the best athletes in the region but Greenfield had heart and doesnt give up and plays every play.So we shall see.In comparing the scores,just about every game,LC has had 2 or 3 tds called back

Edited by mrbigster

1 minute ago, mrbigster said:

No doubt Westview was the better team but about 5 turnovers and a couple leading to touchdowns,probably a chance of 1 in 10 ever happening again .I think it's going to be a close game but have LC winning by 2 tds.Im guessing Greenfield wont be as big on the line as West Carroll and think they have more speed and athletes .Heard the Greenfield qb is very good so really concentrate on him .From reading,they play hard.So I think they will have to contain LC speed from getting outside or in the secondary.Plus LC has good recivers.Listened to radio show Sat and Gleason coach said he thought LC had the best athletes in the region but Greenfield had heart and doesnt give up and plays every play.So we shall see.In comparing the scores,just about every game,LC has had 2 or 3 tds called back

WC had great line play,if your coach hadn't started getting the ball out quick in the flat then WC would have won easily ! LC has some huge linemen"footwork" must be the focus from here on out ! LC has as much speed as anyone in West TN not named Milan and PHS ,and they are very close to PHS in that department,team speed the Tide is a bit better ! 77 and 78 for WC should play college ball somewhere ! If the Falcons get the discipline and team attitude moving in the right direction I think they play for Gold this year ! I just have a hard time thinking this game will be close,LC coaching staff grew up ALOT last Friday before all our eyes in the stands ! Gutsy call to win the game, was very "Puckett" like . Lots of ball left  to be played hopefully for LC ! GL Green Falcons !

• Like 1

Just now, PeabodyPride said:

WC had great line play,if your coach hadn't started getting the ball out quick in the flat then WC would have won easily ! LC has some huge linemen"footwork" must be the focus from here on out ! LC has as much speed as anyone in West TN not named Milan and PHS ,and they are very close to PHS in that department,team speed the Tide is a bit better ! 77 and 78 for WC should play college ball somewhere ! If the Falcons get the discipline and team attitude moving in the right direction I think they play for Gold this year ! I just have a hard time thinking this game will be close,LC coaching staff grew up ALOT last Friday before all our eyes in the stands ! Gutsy call to win the game, was very "Puckett" like . Lots of ball left  to be played hopefully for LC ! GL Green Falcons !

Yes 77 and 78 for WC were huge and were having their way most of the night. LC has to get better up front and continue getting the ball to their playmakers in space and let them go to work.  A lot of talent on that team. A lot of youth and youthful mistakes as well. 

6 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

That's what I'm hoping.Just West Carrolll was pretty big in their line.Hoping LC matches up with Greenfield in the line.Not sure about playing for Gold.Could be Huntingdon,LC,Fayetville or a Middle Tenn team this year.We know we arent last years team.Im thinking next several seasons,LC and looks like McKenzie will be the team to beat.LC has two receivers back,all the running backs.A very good freshman qb that many think could start now.Not saying he should.But could.Young linemen and about 4 studs on the middle school team ,qb,running back,receiver that will start somewhere.With highscool having a sophomore running back and freshman qb,be hard for them to start there but they will play

Football is about matchups. West Carroll was a very bad matchup for LC. Watching film of Greenfield leads me to believe LC is a bad matchup for Greenfield. Does that mean Greenfield can't win the game? Of course not. It will be a battle for awhile but in the end LC wins by 2 scores at least. Speed kills and that will be the difference in the game. The current region 7A teams better beat the Falcons this year because they are young. The winner of this game is first the loser is second no matter what happens the rest of season.  West Carroll beats So. Fulton this week then they are in playoffs. Greenfield is first or second no matter what happens the next two weeks. Lake County is first or second no matter what happens the next two weeks. If Greenfield loses to LC and West Carroll and West Carroll and Deesden win out then there would be a three way tie for 2nd. In that case Greenfield would be 2nd due to overall record. Dresden would be 3rd due to head to head over West Carroll. West Carroll would be 4. Provided WC and Dresden win out they would finish Dresden 3rd and West Carroll 4th. Dresden and WC are pretty much locked in at 3 or 4 and LC and Greenfield are locked into 1 or 2. South Fulton can sneak in as the four if they win their last two games. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Edited by lakecounty1968

5 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Football is about matchups. West Carroll was a very bad matchup for LC. Watching film of Greenfield leads me to believe LC is a bad matchup for Greenfield. Does that mean Greenfield can't win the game? Of course not. It will be a battle for awhile but in the end LC wins by 2 scores at least. Speed kills and that will be the difference in the game. The current region 7A teams better beat the Falcons this year because they are young. The winner of this game is first the loser is second no matter what happens the rest of season.  West Carroll beats So. Fulton this week then they are in playoffs. Greenfield is first or second no matter what happens the next two weeks. Lake County is first or second no matter what happens the next two weeks. If Greenfield loses to LC and West Carroll and West Carroll and Deesden win out then there would be a three way tie for 2nd. In that case Greenfield would be 2nd due to overall record. Dresden would be 3rd due to head to head over West Carroll. West Carroll would be 4. Provided WC and Dresden win out they would finish Dresden 3rd and West Carroll 4th. Dresden and WC are pretty much locked in at 3 or 4 and LC and Greenfield are locked into 1 or 2. South Fulton can sneak in as the four if they win their last two games. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Perfect...we have been having this same conversation! I think it will be LC Greenfield Dresden WC...that’s a pretty dang good 4 seed! Nice breakdown 

2 hours ago, shockernation said:

Perfect...we have been having this same conversation! I think it will be LC Greenfield Dresden WC...that’s a pretty dang good 4 seed! Nice breakdown 

Id think  Dresden has a great chance at 3rd after beating West Carrol.And have an easier schedule with Gleason,who I believe lost their quarterback against Greenfield and Humboldt.So I'd think Dresden should be favored.So I'm thinking the winner of Greenfield and Lake Co claims first and will play Dresden