6AAA 2020-21

LadyCavsFan

Dang I fall asleep early after a late night and everyone thinks I am in the ER!  :lol:  I was just at Spankies trying to forget what I had just saw.   It was an old fashioned butt whippin on top of the plateau!  Stone was firing on all cylinders  making shots from everywhere.  They looked a lot like last years team with the ball movement and inside out passing.  On most nights I would have just sat in admiration watching a clinic but it was very hard watching my team get waxed.   Cookeville had no answer on either side of the court.  Game got away from them in second quarter where they scored 0 points!  :shock:  After that it was pretty much the same margin the rest of the game with Stone keeping starters on floor until final 2 minutes which I though was a bit strange but I have no problem with it.   Miller was a beast blocking shots left and right and too big and strong on O.   We missed tons of shots in close that would have helped keep the game closer but last night Stone played amazing basketball.   I have said a few times this year that our half court O needs work and the last two games showed that.  On both nights we didn’t push the ball enough IMO.  When it’s strictly a half court game with a good defensive team we struggle to score.  Usually our defense keeps us in those games but that was not the case with the way Stone played last night!  Amazing game by those seniors.  

12 hours ago, 6aaabasketball said:

Not said much this year did not wanna jinx anything but the last two games for our lady Cavs have been awful.  Ladycavsfan is very quick to critique and be critical of other coaches but time to look at our own now.  Changing a starting lineup after winning seven in a row is nuts, hopefully we get back on track. 

I am trying to remember when I have been critical of a coach.  I may make fun of some schedules of our rivals but I don’t remember being critical of a coach.  Also I am not sure which starting lineup change you are referring to.  I know there was a change after the York game and  maybe another after the first WC game but the same players have been in the rotation all year.  I am pretty sure that the changes happened early in the win streak but not 100% sure.  Regardless we need to find the right balance for sure.  I am not sure what that rift mix is but from what I saw this week we need to find a way to score some points and not get exposed on the defensive end.  Somebody needs to step up and step up now!  It’s not the time of the year for a step back.  Hopefully this is a wake up call for the entire team.  They are still likely to finish second in the district but last night was concerning.  

Cookeville and White Co. are both very solid.  And obviously either can beat Stone.  But if Stone stays locked in defensively and knocks down "some" outside shots, it won't happen.

Last night, mid 2nd quarter, the Stone student section started chanting "this is easy" ... "this is easy"...   I looked at the Cookeville coach and if I read her lips correctly.  She shrugged her shoulders, shook her head and said "yep, it is".  

I almost felt bad for them.... it was brutal.... But then I remembered us losing @ CHS and I was like (naw)... Pour it on!!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 6aaaFan said:

Cookeville and White Co. are both very solid.  And obviously either can beat Stone.  But if Stone stays locked in defensively and knocks down "some" outside shots, it won't happen.

Last night, mid 2nd quarter, the Stone student section started chanting "this is easy" ... "this is easy"...   I looked at the Cookeville coach and if I read her lips correctly.  She shrugged her shoulders, shook her head and said "yep, it is".  

I almost felt bad for them.... it was brutal.... But then I remembered us losing @ CHS and I was like (naw)... Pour it on!!!

I am sure it was an awful feeling for the coaches.   When teams start rolling like that it’s hard to stop them.  It’s a helpless feeling.  Last night was a pick your poison night.  Help on Miller get torched outside.  Don’t help on Miller get torched inside.  They executed flawlessly.  Sometimes it comes down to the players.  It was obvious last night that Stone was ready to play and Cookeville wasn’t.  

Stone not way better than White Co or Cookeville . Ask Clarkrange . Stone is very beatable . Got best player in district and best point guard , otherwise just regular players . White Co has the best player rotation 1 thru 7 in the district . Luck to all teams in the district tourney .

On 2/6/2021 at 9:33 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

Dang I fall asleep early after a late night and everyone thinks I am in the ER!  :lol:  I was just at Spankies trying to forget what I had just saw.   It was an old fashioned butt whippin on top of the plateau!  Stone was firing on all cylinders  making shots from everywhere.  They looked a lot like last years team with the ball movement and inside out passing.  On most nights I would have just sat in admiration watching a clinic but it was very hard watching my team get waxed.   Cookeville had no answer on either side of the court.  Game got away from them in second quarter where they scored 0 points!  :shock:  After that it was pretty much the same margin the rest of the game with Stone keeping starters on floor until final 2 minutes which I though was a bit strange but I have no problem with it.   Miller was a beast blocking shots left and right and too big and strong on O.   We missed tons of shots in close that would have helped keep the game closer but last night Stone played amazing basketball.   I have said a few times this year that our half court O needs work and the last two games showed that.  On both nights we didn’t push the ball enough IMO.  When it’s strictly a half court game with a good defensive team we struggle to score.  Usually our defense keeps us in those games but that was not the case with the way Stone played last night!  Amazing game by those seniors.  

Senior night was the reason the girls were in so late in a blowout. Buck is always good about subbing in those situations.