Round 1: Oneida @ Hampton

Spike016

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

I don’t know what they have done honestly. I do know that this time has given Oneida time to heal up and get healthy. I will agree with you that watchin and breakin down film is not near as effective as playin game and being on the practice field. 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Exactly!

Sources say there's been some practices going on in them ole backer-barns and milk-barns in them parts...They get to moving them cows and tackling them bulls they'll have no problem demoralizing some dogs by Friday 

3 hours ago, TigerNation said:

I think the fact that they've known who they were playing for two weeks makes it a lot easier. Two weeks to game plan makes a lot of difference.

Sure, not played a game since Meigs, be 3 weeks off. 4 since our actual starting lineup has been on the field. 2 days and a pregame should be plenty :roflol:

6 minutes ago, crow said:

Sure, not played a game since Meigs, be 3 weeks off. 4 since our actual starting lineup has been on the field. 2 days and a pregame should be plenty :roflol:

Its tough,we had 5 weeks off!We played well but it was the first game with a whole lineup too.The game situation cannot be mimmicked.

5 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

That's also three weeks of hits Kolby Morgan didn't have to take. Time off has its advantages.

Yes it does but I’m certain we’ll be rusty after that much time without any football activities of any kind. Was a complete shut down. November is a bad time to try to shake off rust for sure. 

33 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

This game will be won in the trenches. Oneida is a very big and physical team. It should be fun! 

Got limit #4 big plays. Hampton is pretty good on D. Will definitely be a fun game to watch. Oneidas punter could play a big roll in being able to flip the field. Hampton has a good kicker. I would bet he can hit from 50.

58 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Got limit #4 big plays. Hampton is pretty good on D. Will definitely be a fun game to watch. Oneidas punter could play a big roll in being able to flip the field. Hampton has a good kicker. I would bet he can hit from 50.

That’s a huge weapon in a game like this when field position will be a key factor. Oneida will not kick many FGs they will 95% of time go for it on 4th. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game. 
    • No my fight, but ... if they were already college-caliber prior to transferring to BHS, and they already had FBS interest, and they end up at an FBS school, how did Bearden do anything for them?