Thursday 10/29/2020

BoardHater71

11 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

The East the next few years will be Greenback, SP, Gordonsville, even Monterey will be in the mix.  If Peabody does stay in 1A it will be theirs to lose the next 2 years.  

Agreed, Peabody will probably be favored to win state in either 1A or 2A. But what sounds better? 1A opponents: Halls, Lake County, South Fulton McKenzie, Humboldt, Gleason, Bruceton, and Dresden. 
or 2A: Union City, Westview, Gibson County, Houston County, Huntingdon, Camden, Riverside, Scott’s Hill, and Adamsville...

2 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Agreed, Peabody will probably be favored to win state in either 1A or 2A. But what sounds better? 1A opponents: Halls, Lake County, South Fulton McKenzie, Humboldt, Gleason, Bruceton, and Dresden. 
or 2A: Union City, Westview, Gibson County, Houston County, Huntingdon, Camden, Riverside, Scott’s Hill, and Adamsville...

I am glad Peabody will be in region 7A. All teams will have to step up their respected games. It may take a few years but a couple of 1A teams out west will catch up with them. One can argue that 1A has been tougher than 2A the last few years. There hasn't been much difference in the top 1A teams and the top 2A teams the last few years. Peabody will be very good in 1A but will not always have the overall talent advantage over the top 1A teams. 

10 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Over Half those teams you named aren’t any better than the ones in 1a. The gold ball in 1a is just as gold as the one in 2a. 

ask Alcoa if they care that there is no competition in 3a. They haven’t lost a playoff game since 2014. 

ask union city if they wished their gold balls were in 2a. 

ask trousdale if they wished all their gold balls were in 2a 

Edited by Tide21

4 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I am glad Peabody will be in region 7A. All teams will have to step up their respected games. It may take a few years but a couple of 1A teams out west will catch up with them. One can argue that 1A has been tougher than 2A the last few years. There hasn't been much difference in the top 1A teams and the top 2A teams the last few years. Peabody will be very good in 1A but will not always have the overall talent advantage over the top 1A teams. 

If we stay in 1a comparing the schedule with adding tough out of region games with what we play now not much difference in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Over Half those teams you named aren’t any better than the ones in 1a. The gold ball in 1a is just as gold as the one in 2a. 

ask Alcoa if they care that there is no competition in 3a. They haven’t lost a playoff game since 2014. 

ask union city if they wished their gold balls were in 2a. 

ask trousdale if they wished all their gold balls were in 2a 

This has nothing to do with gold balls, I’m referring to the regular season. Good grief