Round 2 - Moore county @ Huntingdon

MustangGuru

What I find interesting is the scoring differential. Huntingdon vs Bruceton & Wayne County were relatively close compared to last night when City and MC faced them. Huntingdon blew out Corntown but MC & City had a tougher time with Corntown. I believe it's due to inter regional coaches knowing each others situational tendancies. Coaching staff film study and preparation usually determines the outcome when 2 teams are comparable in talent. I love h.s. playoff football.

5 minutes ago, phil24 said:

What I find interesting is the scoring differential. Huntingdon vs Bruceton & Wayne County were relatively close compared to last night when City and MC faced them. Huntingdon blew out Corntown but MC & City had a tougher time with Corntown. I believe it's due to inter regional coaches knowing each others situational tendancies. Coaching staff film study and preparation usually determines the outcome when 2 teams are comparable in talent. I love h.s. playoff football.

The first half of the season the Mustangs were trying to run a wing T offense. We just don't have the speed to run it. Never looked smooth. We reverted back to the single wing which we run as good as anybody and it's made a world of difference. Also we played Wayne Co and Bruceton on the road.

22 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

The first half of the season the Mustangs were trying to run a wing T offense. We just don't have the speed to run it. Never looked smooth. We reverted back to the single wing which we run as good as anybody and it's made a world of difference. Also we played Wayne Co and Bruceton on the road.

Still, Wayne County was not a sound team. Road game or not, single wing or not. Yes, the Mustangs do run a potent single wing game.

Edited by phil24

18 minutes ago, phil24 said:

Still, Wayne County was not a sound team. Road game or not, single wing or not. Yes, the Mustangs do run a potent single wing game.

I have a lot of respect for Cornersville. They were a tough bunch that never quit. But we completely dominated both lines of scrimmage and could have scored more points than we did against the corn dogs. Clock ran most of second half with our JV's seeing most of the action. How did you guys give up 21 points and just beat the dogs by 10?

Just now, Croppygenius said:

I have a lot of respect for Cornersville. They were a tough bunch that never quit. But we completely dominated both lines of scrimmage and could have scored more points than we did against the corn dogs. Clock ran most of second half with our JV's seeing most of the action. How did you guys give up 21 points and just beat the dogs by 10?

That's what I find interesting from both sides. Corn dogs did have good players out with injuries last night I believe.