Round 2 - Moore county @ Huntingdon

MustangGuru

6 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

I can agree with this statement. Only question I have is how long has Huntingdon been in 1A and how long in 2A? We keep saying that Huntingdon is going BACK to 2A, so how long has it been in between? Was it just the last four years? Curiosity is peaking.

2008, 2009 somewhere in there. Before then we were always 2A.

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

We don't have a 1a championship. We've always played up in 2a. We'll never know but I bet we would have had a few if we had played in 1a. For example in 2004 when Alcoa came from behind to beat us in the 2a championship with a kick-off return by Randal Cobb. We should have won that game. One of the most exciting 2a championships ever played.

Like you said.You never know.Union City was in Single A.Lake co could say the same.Had Union City not been Single A,could had more probably.Plus take into fact Lake Co had a couple seasons with 2 or 3 losses,only to have star recruited to Dyer Co and Dyersburg.The team with Brandon Springer ,Sep Valentine ,lost on a last second play with a team facing a 4th and about 12 and behind by about 5 points.Defender went for the ball to intercept,instead of making the tackle to win the game.That team went on to pummel Mt .Pleasant and won the state.And the best player to probably ever play at Lake Co was playing for Dyer co,Andre Flowers.Hes has all the Dyer Co rushing records.So it's not like Lake Co has really been down  those years.But 3 state championships,about 4 state runnerups,not too bad for a small rural true Single A team.

19 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Like you said.You never know.Union City was in Single A.Lake co could say the same.Had Union City not been Single A,could had more probably.Plus take into fact Lake Co had a couple seasons with 2 or 3 losses,only to have star recruited to Dyer Co and Dyersburg.The team with Brandon Springer ,Sep Valentine ,lost on a last second play with a team facing a 4th and about 12 and behind by about 5 points.Defender went for the ball to intercept,instead of making the tackle to win the game.That team went on to pummel Mt .Pleasant and won the state.And the best player to probably ever play at Lake Co was playing for Dyer co,Andre Flowers.Hes has all the Dyer Co rushing records.So it's not like Lake Co has really been down  those years.But 3 state championships,about 4 state runnerups,not too bad for a small rural true Single A team.

There will always be hypotheticals. I remember the 2011-2012 Huntingdon team went 10-0 and lost in the 3rd round to Wayne County (who went on to win state). During the regular season beat Milan (24-13) who made it to the state championship in 3A and also beat Dresden (42-13) who made it to the state championship in 2A. I believe if Huntingdon was 2A that year they would've won state. For a while 1A was tougher than 2A in my opinion.

Edited by TheCovidQb

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Shhhh.Shhhhh. Jewel Flowers was the best.

5 hours ago, Waker said:

I keep hearing that Huntingdon has slow backs. Huntingdon’s back are not slow by any means. They are as fast as any backfield still playing. They are being compared to some of the speed that the Mustangs have had the past few years. That’s just not fair. That was Mr Football candidates year in and year out. 

Apparently some of the Moore Co posters don’t think y’all have seen a team that will spread you out and take advantage of their speed. Shame y’all won’t be prepared for that not having seen a team that does that this year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Apparently some of the Moore Co posters don’t think y’all have seen a team that will spread you out and take advantage of their speed. Shame y’all won’t be prepared for that not having seen a team that does that this year. 

That’s funny  :roflol: