Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

7 minutes ago, Speeding2Live said:

Smith County's new region will certainly make coaches think long and hard about taking the position in my opinion. I'm not sure how excited anyone would be to travel East Nashville, Stratford, and Maplewood.

But the playoff alignment is nice...

7 hours ago, eers said:

I don’t think it would take more than one if that one had the ear of the superintendent. It’s a small place and the superintendent is more involved than most places. That can be good or bad depending on which side of the road you’re standing on. 

He may be more involved in Gville athletics, I don't think as much at SC. And probably more so in basketball and baseball than football, And  with a couple of SC guys transferring to Gville this year, and other talking about transferring . he probably is/was fine with the state of affairs and left it to the Principle  and AD to make a move. No one person in SC has deep enough pockets ( with interest in HS football ) or stupid enough to sink money into the program as it is.  And please don't even suggest anything  about the school board having any interest in any athletics in SC,

9 hours ago, Reynard said:

He may be more involved in Gville athletics, I don't think as much at SC. And probably more so in basketball and baseball than football, And  with a couple of SC guys transferring to Gville this year, and other talking about transferring . he probably is/was fine with the state of affairs and left it to the Principle  and AD to make a move. No one person in SC has deep enough pockets ( with interest in HS football ) or stupid enough to sink money into the program as it is.  And please don't even suggest anything  about the school board having any interest in any athletics in SC,

Seems like several people have an opinion on the “state of affairs” and that this was about more than the record or perhaps even football. Would you care to explain exactly what you mean by that and what was going on that had everyone so upset? 

6 minutes ago, SmithCountyPride76 said:

theres ongoing talks between the two. would be a great hire. rumor is hes already contacted a couple of peple about joining him if he takes it. 

Seems like to me that you and your three posts may just be here to stir the pot or after a terrible year in Gallatin you’re trying to add some value to Watson by making it appear he is being sought after, and considering, other places. I didn’t think it was a good hire for Gallatin and I don’t think it would be for SC. 

I’m hearing things are moving fast though and it appears this has been in the works for a long time, especially if the hire that it appears to be actually happens.