Coaching Changes

TheBigLebowski99

Sevier County is the first to make the first move. Who are possible hires? When Coach Lingo took over, Sevier County was a very lucrative job. I think it has went down since then. Is there any big names that would want to go to Sevier County?

Is there any other programs that new openings should be coming available? Any other names to look for trying to move jobs or move up to a head coach?

10 minutes ago, pftigersfan1 said:

I think the Sevier County job will stay in house, I'd look for Todd Loveday to be the next coach of the Smoky Bears.

Yep.  Been hearing that for a couple of years, now.   Be really surprised if they were to go elsewhere.  

And I believe there could be a couple of Knox County jobs open up.  

Edited by HTV

46 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yep.  Been hearing that for a couple of years, now.   Be really surprised if they were to go elsewhere.  

And I believe there could be a couple of Knox County jobs open up.  

Do tell

i could possibly see Farragut if CEC decides he is done

Edited by KnoxVil

37 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Coach Scott Meadows could put Sevier County back on the map..............

You dang right he could. He took Pigeon Chit and turned it into Pigeon Shinola in just one season. They were 1-9 last year and one of the worst teams I can remember seeing and their 7-3 right now and were 6 points from being 9-1 as we speak. Kids like Scott and he has done pretty well at most places he has landed at except Catholic but that place is it's own worst enemy which is well known all over the state.

May be a rumor.....   Witten wants to win a 2nd state title and then move on to something bigger and better in.... oh can't remember, what's the name of that 80's nighttime soap.... Oh that's right, Dallas.    But no worries, he plans to leave Betsy in good hands, wants them to hire a retired coach from Kingsport with decades of experience, name slips me but it was something like an early explorer..... let's see, was it Lewis.... nah... uh.... Oh that's right, it was Clark!

8 hours ago, TheBigLebowski99 said:

Sevier County is the first to make the first move. Who are possible hires? When Coach Lingo took over, Sevier County was a very lucrative job. I think it has went down since then. Is there any big names that would want to go to Sevier County?

Is there any other programs that new openings should be coming available? Any other names to look for trying to move jobs or move up to a head coach?

First question is who made the move Sevier County or Lingo. Sevier County in my lifetime has been hit in the gut pretty hard starting back in 1961 with the opening of Seymour that took a big number of students away then another big hit was in 1966 when the TSSAA suspended the Sevier County program for the entire year for cheating using Jethro not realizing how old he was. Then when the program came to light in the late nineties Pigeon Forge opened up taking a good number of students away and things went south for a while. Then after the big times happened again Northview opens up losing the kids coming out of kodak. I said back then even when Sevier County was good that Northview would take a lot of good prospects away and you'll see the program have a few tough years ahead which I hit the nail on the head. I had a nephew playing for Maryville back when Northview opened for freshmen only and Maryville went up to Sevier County to play their freshmen and they only had 18 players. That was really the start of what bad was to come. Brewer wasn't a dummy and knew it was time to get off the ride while he was still winning.

16 hours ago, pftigersfan1 said:

I think the Sevier County job will stay in house, I'd look for Todd Loveday to be the next coach of the Smoky Bears.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t he the DC? If so, I’m trying to understand why that hire would make any sense considering SC has been giving up 30 pts or more a game the past few years. They even tried to switch their Defense up this year and still it didn’t work. IMO, SC needs to bring in a new Coach not tied to the program. Wouldn’t hire anyone on that staff if I cared about winning...:thumb: