McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

36 minutes ago, TNVolFan2000 said:

You are assuming the entire team would have to isolate.   An entire school is not isolated for 1 person.  They contact trace per the guidelines and those individuals isolate.   If McMinn did that and there were enough players to play the game - the game should have been played. 

If the health department really believes there was an issue - then all players from both teams should be tested before letting either one of those teams take the field against Maryville.  And probably folks in attendance at the game as well.

True but a positive player would usually mean that most of his position group or anyone he practiced closely with would need to quarantine including position coaches. Thus if it’s is running back that has to isolate because they themselves have a positive, its true that not every team member would need to quarantine but pretty much every running back and their coach would. On the other hand If a player was in quarantine just because he was contact traced as an exposed person , that doesn’t necessarily affect other players unless they were also contact traced. 

ultimately I think that’s what this case will be about . Not so much about the supposedly positive player (I think everyone understands he wasn’t going to play)  but about whether McMinn was about to play other kids who had recently been exposed to him play instead of contact trace and quarantine them. For instance If he practiced with his team Monday then was positive on a Tuesday or Wednesday there are other players besides him that need to be sitting out. DB is not wrong for saying hey wait, which other players now need to be in quarantine? 

2 hours ago, MLREB said:

I’m not understanding why a decision was not made on Saturday. Anybody? 

That would be asking the powers that be in the Hermitage bunker to give up a couple of hours of their weekend.   Can't believe you would expect such a thing to happen.  

In reality, the decision should have been made early Saturday.  We live in a digital age.  It doesn't take long to gather and transmit information.  I promise you both schools had their ducks in a row before they went to bed on Friday night/Saturday morning.  

21 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

also 5starpreps is reporting info that it was not the SCHD that made the call, they were simply relaying info /applying guidelines given to them by the state. 

Actually that was Bobby Rader reporting it.  Jesse relayed and credited Bobby for the report.  Jesse, unlike many sport media types,  is always good about crediting other media when they report and he relays.  

Edited by HTV

30 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

also 5starpreps is reporting info that it was not the SCHD that made the call, they were simply relaying info /applying guidelines given to them by the state. 

This goes back to what we were told early on. There was a conference call right before the game was called between the the SCHD, the State Health Board and the TSSAA. Everybody was saying the SCHD made the decision. I thought that was odd that they could rule over the State Health Board. But looks like the SCHD was just relaying what they were told to do by the State Board. This would clear the SCHD of any blame "IF" McMinn followed all the guidelines. 

4 minutes ago, Solomon said:

At this point, I've changed my mind and there are two options IMO.

1. DB advances by forfeit (and somebody, no clue who because there are 1,000 stories, at McMinn has heck to pay)

2. They play the game Tuesday night

I am so pulling for #2, but a #3 to consider is that neither team advances because T$$AA and  the health depts get into cya mode.

5 minutes ago, Solomon said:

At this point, I've changed my mind and there are two options IMO.

1. DB advances by forfeit (and somebody, no clue who because there are 1,000 stories, at McMinn has heck to pay)

2. They play the game Tuesday night

So then what would you anticipate to be the move for the quarterfinal game?  Would they bump it back to Saturday or Sunday, or will they really send the winner of McMinn/DB to Maryville on 2 days rest?

No matter what they do will have a ripple effect on later rounds.

4 minutes ago, MaryvilleRebels said:

So then what would you anticipate to be the move for the quarterfinal game?  Would they bump it back to Saturday or Sunday, or will they really send the winner of McMinn/DB to Maryville on 2 days rest?

No matter what they do will have a ripple effect on later rounds.

If I'm Maryville the absolute latest I want that game played is Saturday at noon, and IMO Friday night. It's not their fault this debacle happened.