Semis..... Waverly travels to Peabody. What's your thought?

tigers90

Its that time Tide Nation,time to lace em up and strap it down tight and Rock some Tiger skulls and Walter Kilzer ! Start fast Hit Hard and leave no doubt who you are,you are Peabody football and your built for this ! Win tonight for your town,for the ones that came before you ,the ones that will come after,for the tradition we hold dear to heart and most importantly for you and your Tide brothers !

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

Rise and Shine! It UPSET Time! Game Day! The City of Waverly and the Tiger Faithful BELIEVE in You! Go shock the State of Tennessee and take down the respected 2x Defending 2A State Champs! Waverly pulls off the upset in a close one on their way to their 1st ever Football State Championship Appearance!

Waverly 24

Peabody 21

On 11/21/2020 at 6:48 AM, Trollin said:

Let me just say this....

No Waverly isn’t supposed to Win against the big bad Peabody Tide.

It’s already begun... Waverly doesn’t stand a chance.... Peabody rolls to State....

but let me also say this......

Nobody thought we would be here. Waverly hasn’t been “good enough” to make it here. 

Nobody has been through more adversity than this team right here, this year.

Nobody believed lil ol Whitwell Coached by 2nd year Head Coach Boldin could beat South Pitt(2x) beat Greenback, beat Cornersville and actually win a state championship?? But they did. 

The difference between Peabody and Waverly? Experience in adversity and coming out successful. Peabody went through adversity last night. First time all year. Didn’t show me that they were resilient, it showed me that they could in fact be beat. That they had weaknesses. That maybe they just aren’t as grand as their schedule and big wins show. They can be beat.

So lil ol Waverly, here they are in the Semi Finals. With their few Seniors, mostly a starting lineup of Juniors Sophomores and Freshmen and everyone against them but the people in this town called Waverly, with their Head Coach who grew up here and played here, working and fighting to bring something to this town nobody has... a State Championship appearance and a chance to win it all. 

This kinda reminds me of the story of David and Goliath. We may not be big enough up front to win in the trenches with Peabody, but I believe in our Head Coach, our staff, our players, and this town called Waverly. That we can work hard, out play, and out smart our opponent.

Go shock the world Tigers!!! Believe! 

A little story on Randall. He went to South Pittsburg in highschool for a season. He was older by a couple years but we played baseball together. Even then, I knew he would be a successful coach because he taught me something about the approach to the game that no other coach had shown me and that later ended up being why I got some of the accolades I received. Waverly will be prepared and ready. They will be well coached. At the end though, I think Peabody just has too much.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, powerp said:

A little story on Randall. He went to South Pittsburg in highschool for a season. He was older by a couple years but we played baseball together. Even then, I knew he would be a successful coach because he taught me something about the approach to the game that no other coach had shown me and that later ended up being why I got some of the accolades I received. Waverly will be prepared and ready. They will be well coached. At the end though, I think Peabody just has too much.

I think alot expect it to go the way you mentioned. If it's close though and I think it will be, Waverly will be the favorite from the West next year.